“Cosy hotel, delicious food”

Kitz Garni Boutique Hotel
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Cluj Napoca
“Cosy hotel, delicious food”
Reviewed March 27, 2010

Away from town centre a nice hotel and quiet with a nice room which are clean and warm.
The food is fantastic, 5 course for dinner, and coffee and cakes available free of charge at 5pm tea.
The staff is so so! Hubert and Franz is fantastic but Maria and Mathilda was a worst experience.
We would definitely stay at the Tirolerhof again, we had a great holiday.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nelu_Cluj-Napoca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Manchester
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I have just returned from a week at the Tirolerhof. What a beautiful hotel. We arrived in the evening, to candles and tea lights lit throughout reception, the bar area and restaurant. It was very cosy and warm. However, we had not even checked in, when my 9 year old son was reprimanded for spinning the bar stools. This became a common thing - all children in the hotel were drawn to these spinning chairs, and would lightly spin them, and each time were curtly told off by the staff. It made us feel uncomfortable.

The best thing about this hotel was the food. Never have I stayed somewhere before which serves a 5 course meal. It was absolutely gorgeous with so much choice. We also had the pack lunch daily (just a sandwich, apple and drink) which was great. Make sure you order it at tea time though, as yet again, I was told off one evening for ordering it late.

I think the hotel is let down by some of its staff. Some were extremely polite and friendly, like Hubert and Franz, but Maria on the desk was abrupt and rude, the main owner was rude (attractive blonde lady), and the lady we called the 'Trunchball' (from Matilda) was the worst, frequently telling most people in the hotel off for doing something wrong! I tried to see the funny side of it, but my partner was very frustrated by it. I could list a dozen examples of when people were told off and barked at, and we felt like naughty school children.

There was an issue with the hot water on 3 nights of our stay which meant that if you had a bath any later than 5.30pm there was no hot water. This really wound me up, as I liked a bath at the end of a long day on the slopes.

It didn't bother us that the hotel was out of town. The bus service was fantastic (and free), and we were so tired on an evening, we were happy to have our meal, a couple of drinks and then head for bed.

The Spa area was also lovely.

Rooms were not huge, but spotless and more than adequate. Very warm.
I would recommend this hotel to people who perhaps haven’t got children as I don't think they liked children, or to people who will not be phased by their rude abrupt attitude. On checkout I tried to approach the fact that I had paid 85 Euros for a massage, to come back to my room and have a freezing cold shower, and that this was not acceptable. The owner looked at me and said that was not her problem and basically that if I didn't return to the hotel she didn't care. It didn't leave me feeling too happy...

But all in all - a beautiful cosy hotel, which had everything I could have hoped for. (apart from the staff!)

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank sjb12
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Just returned from a weeks stay. The hotel is perfect for those wishing to get away from it all after a long days skiing as it is away from the centre of Kitz so very quiet. Food of a very high standard. Room clean and very warm, too warm!! Bar and the spa both excellent. Nice touch if you get back before 5pm tea, coffee and cakes available all included in your deal. Would not recommend for anyone looking for a lively fun packed evening, especially not for teenagers , stay in town for the apres ski. Fantastic bus service right outside which takes you into town then links up with the ring bus. Perhaps would not stay there again, stayed at the Jagerwirt before, only because we like to be slightly nearer the town but other than that an excellent hotel. Only gripe is that we booked with Crystal and it took 4 hours to get to Kitz as they double up on passengers drop offs - beware!! may be better to pay for a private transfer.

• Liked — made to feel very welcome and very homely
  • Disliked — slightly too far out of town
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NottinghamCoolmum
Derby
Reviewed February 16, 2009

My partner and I booked this hotel for a skiing trip and were very pleased with our choice.
I had slight reservations about staying in a hotel which was out of the main skiing area and having to catch a bus every morning, it is about a 15 to 20 minute walk into Kitzbuhel. This, however, was no problem at all, the buses were frequent and on time.
The Hotel was very clean and comfortable and the food was fantastic.
We found the staff to be polite and helpful, especially Franz who was brilliant, so friendly.
Even the family dog, Diago, enjoyed welcoming the guests when he wasn't fast asleep on the rug!
The spa area was superb, just what was needed after a hard days skiing.
We would definitely stay at the Tirolerhof again, we had a great holiday.

• Liked — We were treated as individuals, and its quiet location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maisie3
London
Reviewed January 15, 2009

First the rant: when will service providers finally realise that you can have great food, great rooms, great facilities but it can be scuppered by the poor attitude of a couple of staff? The Tiroloff is a case in point.

I put my bar bill on our room and tried to settle it on the last day. It came to something 50 odd euros. I was told by the lady behind the desk that they didn't accept credit card payments for less than 70 euros. Ok, I should have read the small print but like most people on holiday I switch off and go into dumb mode. Am I really to expect to read all the small print? I put my credit card back in my bum bag ( this is the sort of situation where you can lose things like that)as I considered my options: walk a mile into town to the nearest ATM, get a cab, go back to room and talk to my partner. The lady behind the desk said "You still have to pay". To me that was a really ignorant comment to make. In an already embarrassing situation she compounded it with ridicule and belittlement. Why did she remind guests about settling bills and acceptable payments the nigth before either verbally or by a note to avoid situations like this?

Also one of her waitresses had a real attitude problem with some other guests; she positively barked at the couple on our neighbouring table when they asked her to repeat a question.

No still water was served at the table and was refused when when requested - only fizzy water - which was charged, natch.

On the plus points the other staff and the domestic staff were more than excellent. Franz in particular was always polite and solicitous. Two of the other younger staff were great as well. The guy who drove the courtesy bus was a really friendly and helpful.

• Liked — Great food; some of staff were great but were let down by their colleagues
  • Disliked — some of the staff were poor - a long way from town. And if you're going to include quotes on you menus from recent dead playwrights the name's Pinter not Printer!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank westlondonguy
cirencester
Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel had a lovely ambience and a really homely atmosphere. The food was absolutely EXCELLENT - the best food we've ever had at a hotel, beautifully presented, varied and extremely tasty - restaurant quality!

The rooms were very clean though rather small

The spa was also very good - we went almost every night after a vigorous day skiing and we definately recommend the water beds, turkish baths and dry sauna! you also were given a free dressing gown and slippers which was nice. As an other nice touch, the hotel also served cakes and confectionery at 4 in the afternoon with coffee and tea.

The hotel was a distance away from the ski resort but we walked it a couple of times and it is manageable but there is a bus service running from the hotel to the ski resort. Being out of town was also good becase the hotel was in a quiet location and didn't have the noise and stuff from the town. The town was avery typically austrian with a few apres-ski bars and lots of little cafes and shops.

This trip was excellent!

However I would like to warn people of the additional costs. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters. We wanted to be in one room so we booked the superior deluxe room . This room was a standard small toom with a small extra seating tv area ,which if there were only 2 adults would have justified the superior label. However this sofa was a sofabed for my daughters. This sofa bed was very uncomfortable and difficult to put away. It ended up being out all the time and made the overall accomodation very cramped. Bearing in mind that we paid for 4 adults , so the hotel was doing very well, we also paid a £25 per person per night suppement in addition. This amounted to an extra £700 supplement.

• Liked — the food spa
  • Disliked — room supplement of £700
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday following a personal recommendation.

The lack of airconditioning was the biggest problem making the dinningroom in the evening unbearable at times.

The food was well presented and tasty on the whole but another main course would have been appreciated. There should have been a cheese option with the puddings. The stateing salad was the same everyday and boring.

The one evening our excellent waitress was off we were forgotten about.

They also forgot to clean the room one day and kept removing the extra sheet we had requested.

The alcoholic drinks were prohibitively expensive and we limited ourselves to the cheapest wine on the menu at dinner.

We were all invited to a welcoming drink which consisted of elderflower wine with no nibbles. On requesting an alternative I was offered a small beer. We felt the whole thing was rather mean.

The Posch family were virtually invisable not what one would expect from a family run hotel.

We felt the hotel overall was poor value for monet and we cannot recommend it

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no airconditioning
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple