“Traditional hotel with great spa area”

Tiefenbrunner Hotel
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a week on a ski holiday. Hotel traditionally Austrian i.e. lots of lovely wood, very clean and well maintained. Service was very good and the rooms were spacious. The spa area was fairly new and spotless - it was separate from the pool area which made it relaxing and peaceful. Didn't find the food as good as at other similar hotels - some dishes were excellent but some missed the mark altogether - breakfast was always good though.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Autria tends to step up when it comes to hospitality, clean, confortable aned well appointed properties and this hotel most definitely followed the rule. Before I checked in I had gotten a good feel for the hotel, the front desk staff had been helpful, attentive, friendly and knowledgeable.

The location for skiiers is fantastic, a short walk from the Hahnenkamm, on the main tsreet for the shoppers, centrally located for restuarants and pubs, and easy access in and out of the city.

Size-wise, its not over sized, if you are accustoimed to American sized rooms, stay away from the singles, the pool and spa area are more than adequate, and the bar well stocked.

And now I'm back to the wonderful super, pleasant, happy, fun staff. They tooks this hotel from an A to an A+...I will be back...

Room Tip: Make sure to request a balcony, some of the rooms have smaller windows. First floor is actually 3 f...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JBMartiniguy
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is a superb hotel. The standards set by the proactive, highly visible owners and their industrious management team are impeccably high. The warmth and generosity of their welcome is genuine and infectious. The food is superb, the facilities are well maintained and faultless, and the location second to none in this Old School Alpine resort. Oh, and by the way , the hotel represents amazing value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I booked a luxury suite at the Tiefenbrunner Kitzbuhel in early August 2012, as it was our anniversary. Arrived at the hotel, impressed with cleanliness and very friendly staff, shown to our suite on the top 4th floor. Suite consisted of hallway with three wardrobes, lounge with sofas, bathroom and bedroom,all spotless clean, a fine big luxury bathroom with steamroom. The bedroom also spacious with plenty room, large double bed. We were impressed with all the space for relaxation. But, . . one big disappointment. No balconies. And our bedroom had quite a small window up high which looked out onto the roof and facing a big extraction fan from down below. I thought I was back at sea. Now we didn't expect that, after paying extra money for the luxury suite. It meant a stuffy bedroom with no large window to open out onto the fresh Austrian mountain air. I found sleep difficult. I spoke to hotel management. We had not stressed a balcony when booking they said. Quite true, my fault. Management also said that the reason for small windows was reflected in the fact that the rooms were up in the attic space, sloping roof outside. But one would have expected to see a balcony or a large window in a luxury suite. Bells and whistles and all that. One comes to Austria to look across the beautiful mountain countryside. All other rooms were booked out, as the hotel is quite popular, so we could not change suites. So . . . my message is ask for a room/suite with a balcony that overlooks the beautiful mountains. They are available but I did not know how the room types were split when booking.
Otherwise there is plenty room in the suite and spotlessly clean. Our lounge area had a small attic window which overlooked the hahnenkamn ski run, now that was nice.
Okay the nice parts, food . . . staff and other hotel guests very friendly, they knew our names after just a day or two. Staff couldn't do enough for you in the restaurant. Breakfast a marvellous selection of fruit/cereals/eggs/breads etc. Evening dinner a choice of meat fish and vegetarian, some nights brilliant, other nights okay. But we were pleased overall with the food. Their wine and water cheaper than other similar class hotels we stayed in before. Hotel has spa swimming area down below, very popular. There is a separate restaurant attached to the hotel for non residents which also doubles as a bar area in the evening. The hotel has a drinks dining area outside on the sidewalk which is perfect for that relaxing drink before evening meal. When the ubiquitous thunderstorms break out there is a mad dash for inside clinging on to ones drink. The hotel has an excellent situation on the main street, you are there when walk out of the hotel and great for checking out the music just up the street. Also the bus stop is right behind the hotel which takes one to all the poplar destinations. The train station is a ten minute walk if you fancy a trip to Innsbruck. Innsbruck is a great shopping town,easy to get around. Rainy days this is what we did. In Kitz, plenty bars and cafes close by the hotel for people watching. The main street is beautiful and clean, buildings all painted different pastel colours. In Kitzbuhel one always feels safe walking around, it has a relaxed cliental.
Would I go back to the hotel? Yes, if we knew that we getting a balcony overlooking the mountains. We liked Kitzbuhel and the friendly people. And the wonderful walks up the mountain lifts.
Recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with balcony or a lower floor room with large windows.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Pointsman
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is a new experience for me booking a single room as I am a recent widow. Well I got some surprise when I was shown to my single room in the Tiefenbrunner Hotel in Kitzbuhel. It had one small window too high for me to see out of, it measured approx 10 foot x 6 foot max, it reminded me of a prison cell! I could not stay in this for my holiday so I went down to reception to get another room. All they had was a double room on the top floor at an extra cost of €350 for the week! That was making it a very expensive week! What could I do, I had to take it, I could not spend my holiday in that tiny room.
The new room was lovely all right except that the shower went hot and cold while I was in it, every morning. The hotel staff could not be nicer. Spoke perfect English. Food was good. The position of the hotel is A1, right on the main street, very handy.
Yes I would certainly recommend the hotel as long as you do not require a single room!

Room Tip: See my review.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank felixeile
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have tried to think what to say that hasn't been said already but can't. This is a very nice clean hotel with good friendly staff, talented chef. We stayed half-board and the meals were excellant. We would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel and hope to return.
Read and believe all the reviews.

Room Tip: A superior room at the back with bacony - extra cost but worth it. Large room with seating area and...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Marph
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in August and it is a first class hotel. From the moment we
checked in we were made to feel very welcome by the friendly English speaking staff. They could
not have been more helpful. We had a large superior room with comfortable seating area. The
room was kept immaculately clean. We had a large bath and a walk-in double shower. The new
indoor swimming pool and saunas are excellent. We used them every day. The gardens with
water features are very relaxing. The food and drinks are of a very high standard. In fact we
could not find fault with anything.

Room Tip: Request a superior room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple