There is no doubt that this is a classy hotel and the staff are very friendly. The location is good in that you are only a few yards from the hub of the town and, for young children, the proximity of the Aquarena complex is better than having a small hotel pool (free use with the great value lift pass). However, I agree with other comments made that the front of the hotel can be very noisy at night and you have to choose between a very hot room with the windows closed or a disturbed night with the windows open. Not only is the front of the hotel surrounded by bars (including its own) but it has a taxi rank next door so a recipe for disaster!
There is some validity to the conspiracy theory that the English guests are put at the front of the hotel. Some of this may be down to the fact that we are less inclined to complain but I suspect that the truth is that the package deals that we get are actually quite a good price and they therefore consider that the 'full' rate customers should get the better rooms.
This is also true with regard to the meals. There is no doubt that priority is given to the non-resident diners but they are paying full whack so fair enough. I agree that the meals can be a bit slow and the salads totally lack imagination but don't be afraid to ask for a variation from the fixed menu - they happily gave our kids ice cream when the menu didn't appeal and there is a separate vegetarian menu if you ask for it. Can't agree with the criticisms of the breakfast, you can eat yourself silly with a wide variety of goodies!
We needed a room near to a grandparent who was travelling separately and we e-mailed our request a few weeks ahead. They met our requirements perfectly so I suggest that you try a similar tactic and e-mail a specific request for a room at the back of the hotel if you intend to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 4 star hotel offers you a premium and legendary holiday experience in one of the most beautiful holiday regions in the alps. New stylish rooms who tell their own stories, fantastic food in the Kaiserstuben Restaurant, lively evenings in the F. Reisch Bar and time to relax in the luxurious spa area. Whether it's summer and you are playing golf or going for a hike in the mountains or enjoying a skiing holiday in the winter - the Sporthotel Reisch is the perfect location right in the town center of Kitzbühel. After spending a legendary day on the slopes, on the golf course or during shopping there is nothing like a good night's sleep at the sports town of Kitzbühel! We have designed comfortable and stylish rooms for you so that you can enjoy your stay with us to the full! Generosity meets Tyrolean style at the Sporthotel Reisch! Choose from our single rooms, our newly designed "Legend rooms" or our family suites. Have a comfortable stay and a good night's sleep! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Sporthotel Reisch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporthotel Reisch Kitzbühel
- Sporthotel Reisch Hotel Kitzbühel