“People stop the search and just book this hotel!!”
Review of Jagerwirt Hotel

Jagerwirt Hotel
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing, firstly the staff are so helpful we have a one year old with us who is teething and the waitresses would do their best as in offering ice-cream and being understanding... Etc.
Alex who is the manager lovely guy can ask him for help with anything and gave a very funny welcoming speech!.
The facilities are fantastic the pool, sauna and steam room are perfect after a hard days skiing.
Yes admitingly some of the rooms could do with modernisation which I believe are being done gradually my parents room was very modern mine not so much but still very Austrian traditional kind of room still very nice!!.
Location is around 8 minuites walk to the gondola there is a free bus service which only takes 1 minute to walk. We shall defo be returning can't praise this place and staff enough!!.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Leeeaston

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Belated review. we have stayed twice at the Jagerwirt hotel& honestly cannot fault it. The staff are very friendly & helpful & this was higlighted last June 2012 at the end of a wonderful walking holiday,I tripped in the Hotel & broke my ankle.The staff immediately got me an ice pack & aranged an ambulance to take me to hospital in St Johann.The Crystal rep. was informed & was utterly unhelpful. His main concern on my return from hospital, with my leg in a cast & on crutches was to fill out a form.He showed no compassion at all. The journey home next day was a nightmare!! Had we been properly informed by the rep I could have contacted my insurance company & arranged a taxi to the airport & comfortable seat on the plane . But he neglected to tell me of the procedure for this!!!!
I would never again travel with Crystal. The Reps are only intarested in selling the trips, and are useless when a problem arises.
All this is a great pity as we would love to return again to the Jagerwirt hotel. The staff are always helpful, but on this occasion were exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may be a bit noisy due to traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank valarine c
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel! And we will probably be going again next year! The staff are so friendly and welcoming - they just can't do enough for you, and they make you feel at home! The facilities for my husband, daughter and i are perfect. Dinner is 5 courses! Lovely food and choice each night!
The winter package they offer including the ski pass, works out a bargain!
It's within easy walking distance to the main ski lift/bus station/ski school/town centre. And Kitzbuhel itself is such a pretty place, that we have just fallen in love with it all!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hoppymagri
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed a week in a single room (501) on a reatreat/ski holiday on a half-board basis. Many, many repeat customers, who made me feel entirely at home. Some had been coming for decades, and the friendliness of the staff and and the ample size of the double rooms/suites perhaps explains why. My room would have been small for two, but was fine for one, with a good shower. The room wasn't the freshest smelling, but I suspect that that's because you can smoke in the rooms and my room was carpeted, which tends to capture smells.

The breakfast was more than adequate for my needs (bacon or sausages plus scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, meat and cheeses -- just what you'd expect. Dinner was 4 or 5 courses. Several of the evening meals were excellent, all were at least good. We were able to stay for several hours each night. Service was friendly and very efficient (eat slowly if you want to make an evening of it). Staff were real characters, and were indeed lovely: some had very dry, even wicked, senses of humour (I wonder whether the few critical comments about staff could be put down to this: once you caught on, they were very, very entertaining).

The hotel is a ten minute walk from the closest lift, though there are free buses not far away. I rented a locker at the foot of the gondola and walked each day (5 euros a day, but worth it).

There is an attached sports bar at the hotel: I didn't frequent it much as it was too smokey -- a problem with virtually all bars in Kitzbuhel -- but the bartender was friendly and helpful. There is a smaller bar in the lounge which tended to be less smokey or even smoke-free most of the time. My room was on the front, and there was occasional noise, though quite considerable noise if the roads are being cleared in the morning. That said, none of the noise kept me awake.

I had planned on taking lunches up the hill with me each day, but the mountain restaurants are excellent and very reasonably priced: they tended to be cheaper than in the village itself. The skiing was not bad, though the extent of the pistes may be exaggerated a bit -- the area does not rival the larger French resorts. The pistes themslves were usually crowded, though it was a school holiday for the Germans.

All in all, the hotel is highly recommended. I was tempted to give it a very good rating because the rooms are dated, but I made loads of friends there, and I have to give the hotel real credit for creating an atmosphere where this could happen. Their warm welcome to a solo traveller undid my original plans for a quiet solitary retreat: the genuine friendliness of the hotel make this a very special place -- and not just for me, but for other travellers from afar (I mixed with people from the UK, US, Canada, Ireland, South Africa). You might well find something fancier, but this one gets your heart going....

Room Tip: Rooms in back are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Joe C
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas and had a wonderful time. The staff were warm, and helpful with the owner being very amusing and good company in the bar! The food was delicious and the staff were just lovely. They made the Christmas experience very pleasant. With two 5/6 course meals on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day instead of the usual four courses! The chef caters very well for vegetarians with original dishes for them. The food was excellent, including very tasty bacon at breakfast. The hotel itself is very traditional in design and it was cosy on the cold winter days and nights. We had one of the smaller rooms, which we new about on booking. It was adequate though bijous. The balcony was lovely and gave a nice view of the Christmassy decorated street and the wonderful mountains behind it. The heating was great, if not too warm at times. The hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained. It was a pleasant walk up the street to the centre of the beautiful old town of Kitzbuhel and it would take us about eight minutes to walk to the Hahnenkahm Gondola and ski bus stop/intersport ski storage. You can get the ski bus just a minute up the road from the hotel if you are storing your skis at the hotel. If coming in Summer, The hotel is well placed for getting about. I would love to come back in the summer as the area is just stunning and the hotel is definitely one to revisit.

Room Tip: small rooms are not too small at all, but the larger rooms looked lovely
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeeDeeinwonderland
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I had my first stay here in 2005 and with the exception of 2011 (I was moving house) we have been back every year since. I wrote my first review in 2009. this is my second chance at it.
This hotel is family run and the owner is always about speaking with the guests. The rooms vary in size and the single rooms can be quite small however a fair number are large with lounge, bedroom and bathroom.
What makes the hotel stand out from other places I have stayed? It's the staff. They are so friendly and remember your name from year to year. The whole hotel has a warm feel to it as a result and guests feel happy there. I know many are repeat visitors and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front will get noise from the street as the roads are cleared of snow early in the morn...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed at the jagerwirt many times before about 15 years ago.
and have stayed in 4 star skiing hotels around Austria for many year's.
i'm afraid the Jegarwirt needs a strong hand to get back to a 4 star hotel again.

we were a group of 3 friends for a week skiing in Kitz
2 booked with Cristal 1 booked direct with the hotel.
after reading lots of comments on trip advisor about noisy rooms on the front of the hotel i sent a email requesting a room at the rear 1 week before we departed. the hotel replied and i was told that on the package with Cristal only rooms at the front were available witch is not the case i have stayed on a back room before same Cristal deal.
And yes the rooms at the front are noisy even with ear plugs on.

Service most of the staff are friendly with exceptions...
On the first night for dinner we were show to are table for the entire week just opposite the kitchen/service door we ask for a different table and a member of the restaurant staff said that the hotel was full, and that was the only table free.
we could see every day that was not the case more like keeping the British guests to a separate area of the dinning room.
Next day for breakfast i ask the waiter for a glass of water my friend then ask for water to.
and was told to ask for it all at once witch i assumed this was a joke ... or a waiter having a bad day but we soon find out this guy was just grumpy and miserable every day.
in future maybe ask if anyone else if they want water to.
This guy had a terrible attitude that you don't get in a cafe never mind a hotel. to be fare the waitresses were nice but the 2 waiters were grumpy and rude.

as for the food after the first night we decided that we could do better else were
kiztbuhel is blessed with some good restaurants that are not that expensive.

Other hotels if you return you get upgrades and at least service that appreciate your return apart from the owner that did make a effort to say hello and made us feel welcome back.

would i return ... No Kitzbuhel has better hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms at the from of the hotel have a alarm clock set for 7 am. if you need to sleep after 7am you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends