Tripadvisor
Kitzbuhel
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 25, 2019 via mobile

We found the Hotel Goldener Greif to be a fabulous place to stay in Kitzbuhel. The location was perfect for shopping, dining and skiing. Petar, a server in the restaurant, was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast had something for everyone including egg items served on request, fresh pastries, fruits, cereals and juices. Christina, the always smiling manager, is truly a multi-tasker as was indicated on Christmas eve with low staffing. She tended the bar, helped with the front desk and prepared food for our group of nine because all of the restaurants were closed. She was as professional, accommodating and friendly as could be. Maleen operates the front desk with a welcoming smile and true professionalism. The rooms are all different, ultra clean and very comfortable. I have ZERO complaints. All of the employees were extraordinary. Yes, parking is a good walk, but you are able to drop off your luggage and park. We didn't need our car because everything was so close. I highly recommend!!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 639ChristineR
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

The location and breakfast buffet are excellent but that’s about it.
Firstly the ‘free parking’ is only about 2 or 3 spots reserved for those turning up in Jaguars or Maseratis! We were advised there was no free parking for us and had to drive off to a local garage. The man at the hotel desk advised that it was about €8 per day. We stayed for 44 hours and had to actually pay €49.
There is no AC and not even portable fans available. My partner was suffering a migraine and the room was exceedingly warm but not even a portable desk fan was available for guests!
For an expensive hotel it is very outdated, old wood paneling and worn carpets.
There are better hotels around!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

That’s good about this hotel is that it’s right in the heart of kitzbuhel apart from that breakfast is ok comfy beds but the most annoying thing about this hotel is they are always trying to close the bar early like 8pm get real guys

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

I just want to start by saying that I never got to stay at this hotel but by the way they deal with coming guest I’m glad I didn’t !

We had booked two rooms for a couples skiing trip and had planned to stay at the hotel Goldener Grief and had booked a non refundable rooms( separate reference bookings) through booking.com

My wife happen it take very ill 2 weeks before we were to go and wasn’t able travel!

On contact the hotel via booking.com they refunding my friend a full refund within two hours , however when I contacted the hotel the refused and told me to claim it through my travel insurance ( I know it was a refundable booking !!)

I then email the hotel asking if they could supply a credit that I could put towards staying next year which would be a win win for everybody but they refused !

To make matters worst they then proceeded to charge my credit cards for two rooms which them took over 10 days to refund the second transaction after various emails and emails from booking.com !

To top it all the hotel kept sending email asking me to release the room back to booking.com so they could resell and get double payment for a room that I already paid for !

I know that I had booked a non refundable but under these circumstances I don’t think asking for a credit to be held by the hotel towards staying next week was so bad !

Again I didn’t get to stay so can’t comment on the hotel itself !

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2018

We stayed here in early January 2018. I've got quite a bit to say so have stuck to bullet points...

Hotel/ Guests areas
- Dated decor
- There is a lift to all floors (except ski room)
- The ski room is down one flight of stairs, and has no direct access from the street, which makes it a little difficult when you are kitted up and having to go back upstairs with boots on, skis in hand...
- Umbrellas available if needed
- Free parking

Location
- 10 mins walk (uphil) to main ski lift/ ski school area
- 1 min walk to main restaurant/ bar area

Rooms
- Varying level of decor, some rooms have been decorated and were more modern, some more traditional
- Bathrooms were all dated
- No windows in the bathrooms and the extractor fans are not powerful enough
- Rooms safe doesn't fit a 13" laptop
- Rooms very warm and no way to control temperature without opening door/ window. The problem with this is that the hotel is located very close to a nightclub, so you either get the the noise from that (until 4.30am) or are too warm.
- Only one pillow per person
- Individual duvets (single size)
- Towels in the bathroom of very poor quality and are tiny
- Shower gel/ soap provided
- Very good water pressure from shower
- Nice view and balcony
- No tea/ coffee making facilities in rooms (or anywhere in hotel)
- Plug locations in rooms are awkward to get too
- The walls are thin between rooms
- No full length mirror in rooms
- Thin curtains
- Very nice bar area/ breakfast room
- WiFi slow and intermittent

Breakfast
- Good continental selection
- Warm options are eggs only (scrambled, fried or omelette)
- Additional charges for cappuccino

Overall we enjoyed our stay here, the staff were friendly and most of the issues I've raised are not of great importance but if amended would really improve the guest experience here.

I would recommend staying here, and would come back if we return to Kitzbuhel.

Date of stay: January 2018