Our stay at this beautifully designed hotel was good. We arrived to find the hotel covered in scaffolding and printed cover sheets which must have cost a fortune. Having been told that these refurbishments were due to finish 10 days earlier this was a disappointment to us. We has booked a double mountain view room for my husband and I and a single mountain view room for our son. He got the double and we got two single beds pushed together. We spoke to the Manager and we were moved to the back of the hotel to a slightly larger room but with a veiw of the neighbouring house. The two benefits of this were air conditioning which wasn't in the previous room and being away from the church bells that ring on and off for half an hour at 7am each morning waking you up. Although you may not think air conditioning is important in what is predominantly a winter ski resort, this made all the difference in July. Our Sons room was hot and stuffy without it and leaving the windows open left him exposed to the church bells ! The duvets were also very hot. I am not sure they were summer Tog rating as they were beautifully thick and warm. The positives .....fantastic location, could not have been better. Stunning design all around the interior of the hotel. The bar....one of my favourite views sitting in there mid evening with a beer and the candles flickering while looking out over the lush green mountains and pretty roof tops. The bar man who looked after us all week was superb. The food was excellent at breakfast and the staff very helpful. Car parking on site was handy but a little expensive at €10 per night when it is part of the hotel....there is a free car park a short walk up the road . Rooms were lovely but do get an air conditioned one. A bit of a gripe was the fact there were no mirrors around the dressing table so you couldn't see what you were doing to get ready. The first room we were put in was quite small for two adults and with all facilities like hair driers, mirror, plug sockets, toilet etc in the one bathroom the other person couldn't do anything to get ready while the other was in the bathroom. One thing to be aware of...room service €10 charge on top of your drinks or food. I think this is excessive for a pot of coffee for one ! The rooms are not very well insulated and every noise can be heard in the corridors or neighbouring rooms so sleep quality wasn't great. Big negative was the Spa....not up to standards. No health check questionnaire completed prior to the treatment. Therapist was not great for a number of reasons although she was a very nice. No water offered after the treatment, products on sale were out of date and no one was interested in helping me when I wanted to buy some . As it rained every day we were there I would have gone back for more treatments but after my experience I wouldn't re book. With some improvements, for us this would have been the perfect hotel but sadly can only rate it 4 on this occasion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish design meets traditional ambience in Kitzbuehel's Mountain Design Resort Hotel Kitzhof. Centrally located at the city park and offering views of the Kitzbueheler Horn and Hahnenkamm peaks, Hotel Kitzhof is just a five-minute walk from Kitzbuehel's idyllic town center. Following a complete makeover, Hotel Kitzhof offers a total of 168 guest rooms, studios and suites. The Kitz Spa measures 600 square meters and includes an indoor pool, a Finnish sauna, a Sanarium, a steam bath and five treatment rooms. Diffrent restaurant areas offer freshly prepared local and international cuisine. The Mountain Design Resort Hotel Kitzhof is a member of Design Hotels™, a collection of more than 200 creative and individually managed hotels in over 43 countries worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel Kitzhof Mountain Design Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Kitzhof Mountain Design
- Hotel Kitzhof Ski Golfresort
- Kitzhof Ski Golfresort Hotel