We spent a long weekend in feb 2011 as a treat to my then girlfriend for her birthday.
The price of the room was 230€ per person per night. For what we got it was very poor value, although i appreciate Kitzbuhel is indeed expensive. This year we have been invited by friends who were staying at that hotel to have the new years eve celebration and we joined them. We paid 160€ per person for a pitiful menu that left us all starving and asking for more. Beverages excluded on which we added some 90€ worth of wine (cheapest bottle 29€- Wgich is fair). The service in the lounge area was appalling, the waitresses are all young and inexperienced, we asked for a Cointreau and they asked us "What??", so we had to point it on the menu's chart for them to say "ah, ok!". This is sort of knowledge on the most common lounge drinks. During new years eve's starting drinks and canepees (included in the 160€)the same waitresses were going around with pitiful canapes with a quantity barely enough for 1/3 of the guests. They also had some breadstick with ham rolled on them, again people were rushing to catch one and probably half of the guests didn't get any. The waitresses were rushing around not even giving you the time to approach them and get one that breadstick and canepees were gone. They were also pretending not to see you to go straight and serve other people. The style of the hotel is that kind of "minimalist" that in my vocabulary doubles on dull and unfinished. Bottom line, save your money an go somewhere else, i'm sure for 500€ a day, a couple could get much more than this, even in a premium place like kitzbuhel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish design meets traditional ambience in Kitzbuehel's Mountain Design Resort Hotel Kitzhof. Centrally located at the city park and offering views of the Kitzbueheler Horn and Hahnenkamm peaks, Hotel Kitzhof is just a five-minute walk from Kitzbuehel's idyllic town center. Following a complete makeover, Hotel Kitzhof offers a total of 168 guest rooms, studios and suites. The Kitz Spa measures 600 square meters and includes an indoor pool, a Finnish sauna, a Sanarium, a steam bath and five treatment rooms. Diffrent restaurant areas offer freshly prepared local and international cuisine. The Mountain Design Resort Hotel Kitzhof is a member of Design Hotels™, a collection of more than 200 creative and individually managed hotels in over 43 countries worldwide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Kitzhof Mountain Design Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Kitzhof Mountain Design
- Hotel Kitzhof Ski Golfresort
- Kitzhof Ski Golfresort Hotel