“Superb location and facilities, wonderful staff”

Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel
Ranked #10 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We recently stayed at is hotel for a weeks skiing holiday with 2 other close friends (8 children in all!).
Location is unbeatable as right next to the main ski lift so you can be on the slopes straight away and can easily carry your skiing gear the 50 yards from the hotel.
The spa is newly built and excellent after a yards day skiing.
The staff were amazing, super friendly and helpful as well as being very kid friendly.
Food is excellent and plentiful ( we stayed half board).
My one suggestion fr improvement would be for some form of light snacks or refreshment as a welcome for returning skiers.
Overall, a superb place where you can relax and have fun. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2012
SiegfriedMaier, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2012

Dear PJWoody.

We thank you very much for the good review. It´s nice to hear that you enjoyed your winter holiday.
Best regards from Kitzbühel,

Christian Klackl

Reviewed December 25, 2011

Just completed a week stay at the Schweizerhof. The hotel is located next to the Hahnenkambahn gondola station, the train station and is only a two block walk to the center of Kitzbuhel. The hotel is clean and well maintained. The rooms are modern and comfortable. The spa is fantastic. The hotel is family run and the staff is very friendly. Everybody speaks excellent English. The food is good. Despite some other reviews the trains are not bothersome. They are electric and never woke us. It snowed 100 cm the week we were there. Rent from Winkler's Ski Hutt which is next door. We have nothing but good to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011
6  Thank cdmnc
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We have just returned from our seventh holiday at the Schweizerhof Hotel in Kitzbuhel. The fact that we keep returning is a fair reflection of how very good we consider the hotel to be - the accommodation, the catering, the staff, and the general ambience are all delightful.

As a coeliac, it is essential that I have a gluten-free diet. The staff at the Schweizerhof cater for this with great care, when necessary the kitchen providing me with special dishes to suit my needs.

We look forward to our eighth visit!

Don and Kay, Scotland

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Don R
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Beautiful hotel, spotless room, excellent food, kind and helpful staff.
Lovely position near Hahnenkamm railway station, gondola and town centre,

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I feel it's important for people to see reviews by all different people, if you're planning on taking teenage children with you, my review could be more helpful than a middle aged man...
First of all, if you are looking for a relaxing summer vacation, this is not the place! Although the hotel's spa facilities looking excellent, the location made it so every day there was somewhere new to explore. Positioned (literally!) across the road from the ski lifts, an interesting town just a few moments walking away, many other great places available on foot and a train station all very close, why would you want to stay indoors?!
Another thing which has to be picked up on was the cleanliness of the hotel, I know in the past I have been treated to 5* American hotels and so I expect the best, and often ended up dissapointed; but The Schweizerhoff was spotless! I cannot find a fault with the cleanliness.
The only thing I was a little downhearted at was the size of the room. I stayed in room 210, and although the balcony was a good size, I feel the room was a little bit of a squidge. I was also not so enthralled by the bed I was offered... Being in a family of 3 I am used to sofa beds on holiday but this took the biscuit, and I confess I actually slept in the double bed instead and kicked my dad onto the sofa bed, and spent the rest of the week asking him how his park bench was...
I travelled to Austria in summer, and although I gather it's peak season is winter -for skiing- it was still a beautiful place and the word peaceful leaps to mind. I would definitely recommend a visit to Schwarzsee if you are planning a summer holiday. On a hot day, Schwarzsee is brilliant as it is a lake you can swim in and I adored it, it was a 20 minute walk on the flat (surprising for Austria).
Overall I would recommend this hotel as in was an enjoyable stay and a week that definitely lived up to my holidaying expectations -Other than the sofa bed of course-

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank thesugarpeachfairy
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice room and bathroom but no air-con (probably not needed in ski season). We left the windows open and the was noise from the railway line and some road noise the next morning.

We didn't have chance to check out spa and pool facilities - one reason being that the sauna was only open from 15:00 to 20:00.

Easy walk into Kitzbuhl.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as part of our package holiday with Inghams. We had a wonderful holiday. Our request for a shower rather than a bath was fulfilled - excellent shower! Receptionist acknowledged on our arrival that chef was aware of my dietary requirements and indeed he was. Fabulous food - only sorry I could not eat the Austrian pastries. Our room was spacious; everywhere spotlessly clean; staff all very friendly and helpful. Location great for cable car station and only a couple of minutes walk from town centre.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandDExeter
Travelers also viewed these Kitzbuhel hotels
0 mi away
#3 of 48 in Kitzbuhel
Tennerhof Gourmet & Spa de Charme Hotel
Austria Trend Hotel Schloss Lebenberg
Q! Resort Health & Spa Kitzbuehel

Been to Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel? Share your experiences!