“Schweizerhof Hotel, Kitzbuhel - for the seventh time.”

Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Kitzbuhel
Wick
“Schweizerhof Hotel, Kitzbuhel - for the seventh time.”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We have just returned from our seventh holiday at the Schweizerhof Hotel in Kitzbuhel. The fact that we keep returning is a fair reflection of how very good we consider the hotel to be - the accommodation, the catering, the staff, and the general ambience are all delightful.

As a coeliac, it is essential that I have a gluten-free diet. The staff at the Schweizerhof cater for this with great care, when necessary the kitchen providing me with special dishes to suit my needs.

We look forward to our eighth visit!

Don and Kay, Scotland

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Don R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Beautiful hotel, spotless room, excellent food, kind and helpful staff.
Lovely position near Hahnenkamm railway station, gondola and town centre,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I feel it's important for people to see reviews by all different people, if you're planning on taking teenage children with you, my review could be more helpful than a middle aged man...
First of all, if you are looking for a relaxing summer vacation, this is not the place! Although the hotel's spa facilities looking excellent, the location made it so every day there was somewhere new to explore. Positioned (literally!) across the road from the ski lifts, an interesting town just a few moments walking away, many other great places available on foot and a train station all very close, why would you want to stay indoors?!
Another thing which has to be picked up on was the cleanliness of the hotel, I know in the past I have been treated to 5* American hotels and so I expect the best, and often ended up dissapointed; but The Schweizerhoff was spotless! I cannot find a fault with the cleanliness.
The only thing I was a little downhearted at was the size of the room. I stayed in room 210, and although the balcony was a good size, I feel the room was a little bit of a squidge. I was also not so enthralled by the bed I was offered... Being in a family of 3 I am used to sofa beds on holiday but this took the biscuit, and I confess I actually slept in the double bed instead and kicked my dad onto the sofa bed, and spent the rest of the week asking him how his park bench was...
I travelled to Austria in summer, and although I gather it's peak season is winter -for skiing- it was still a beautiful place and the word peaceful leaps to mind. I would definitely recommend a visit to Schwarzsee if you are planning a summer holiday. On a hot day, Schwarzsee is brilliant as it is a lake you can swim in and I adored it, it was a 20 minute walk on the flat (surprising for Austria).
Overall I would recommend this hotel as in was an enjoyable stay and a week that definitely lived up to my holidaying expectations -Other than the sofa bed of course-

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank thesugarpeachfairy
Aldershot
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Nice room and bathroom but no air-con (probably not needed in ski season). We left the windows open and the was noise from the railway line and some road noise the next morning.

We didn't have chance to check out spa and pool facilities - one reason being that the sauna was only open from 15:00 to 20:00.

Easy walk into Kitzbuhl.

• Stayed July 2011
Devon
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as part of our package holiday with Inghams. We had a wonderful holiday. Our request for a shower rather than a bath was fulfilled - excellent shower! Receptionist acknowledged on our arrival that chef was aware of my dietary requirements and indeed he was. Fabulous food - only sorry I could not eat the Austrian pastries. Our room was spacious; everywhere spotlessly clean; staff all very friendly and helpful. Location great for cable car station and only a couple of minutes walk from town centre.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JandDExeter
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2011

My wife and I found the hotel staff in all areas to be pleasant, cheerful and efficient and great company. We were made to feel very welcome during our week there. The food was excellent with an impressive and imaginative dinner menu each evening. Our deluxe room on the second floor was spacious, clean and comfortable with a super view of Kitzbuhel and the surrounding hills. The Hahnenkamm cable car station and the Kitzbuhel railway station, complete with a small Spar supermarket, are coveniently situated just across the road from the hotel. We took a trip on the cable car and found the view from the restaurant at the top to be spectacular. The train takes about 15 minutes to the neighbouring village of St. Johann while the lakeside resort of Zell-am-See is only another 45 minutes along the line. The walk down into the pedestrianised centre of Kitzbuhel takes about 5 minutes where many shops, street-side cafes and restaurants are to be found. Back at the hotel we had some lovely evenings with after-dinner drinks served by staff on the sun terrace in front of the hotel. The only downside that we found to our stay was that it was too short. We definitely want to go back next year but it will be for longer than one week to give us more time to do things and to stay in the wonderful atmosphere of this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JimmyO94
SiegfriedMaier, Manager at Hotel Schweizerhof Kitzbuehel, Sport- & Beautyhotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2011
Dear Jimmy, many thanks for your stay and the very good review on tripadvisor.
See you in Kitzbühel,
Christian Klackl
bridgend
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at the Hotel Schweizerhof for 4 nights and just wish we could have stayed longer. Really didn't want to leave. We didn't arrive until almost midnight but had such a warm and happy welcome from Maria even at that late hour, Our room was excellent with a lovely balcony. The hotel is exceptionally clean, food is excellent and nothing too much trouble for the staff. Location is excellent. We use hotels for business and this is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. We will certainly return, hopefully in the winter as the hotel is ideally positioned for the Hannnenkahm ski lift.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple