I spent 3 nights in a suite at this hotel with my wife and 2 children in July 2012. It was in the middle of the week so the hotel was very quiet and peacefull. First the room: The suite was superb. A very vast room with chairs, TV and a complete window wall giving on the large (25 feet long and 15 feet wide terrasse with an incredible view of the mountains surrouding Kitzbuhel. The living room is also very large with a L-shaped sofa (hide a bed), a dining table for 4, TV, ... On the terrasse you find a table to eat and 2 long chairs to rest. 1 rest-room and one full bathroom complete the suite which is very well decorated. Only problem was with the lighting system which was not working properly, they had to unplug 8 undermount lights in the living room which would blink on and off even if the switch was off. A similar problem in the shower and the room where the lights would blink or shut off and on completely. It was never repaired during our 3 nights stay. You have to take advantage of the in room service which is very nice, everything was fresh made (even the pastas) and delicious. The breakfast in the morning was also succulent, the eggs benedict, the sausages, ... Service is exemplary. Now the pool and spa area. If you need a retreat to relax, this is the place. The pool (inside and outside) is superb. There is a turkish bath just beside the pool. Water jets beside and in the pool give usefull massages. There is a very complete and large spa with saunas, ... on the other side of the large pool area. For North Americans we are not used to see peole naked everywhere in this section, this was a draw back, they call it a "no linen zone"... The surroundings are wonderfull, I tried the driving range which is at the entry of the property. Took a lot of time to be able to get a set of golf clubs to be lended to me and the children, very strange for a golf club. The place is expensive but worth every penny. Parking just beside the hotel is ideally situated. The hotel is a 5 minutes drive to old Kitzbuhel (without traffic).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Tirolia Kitzbühel offers its guests 82 tasteful decorated rooms combined by tradition and modern.The Resort is located on the edge of Kitzbühel, in between an 18 - hole golf course, A Leading Golf Course and also provides their guests relaxation at the 1500 m2 Grand Alps SPA.At the three restaurants of the hotel you will get indulged by regional and fresh products.In winter time they offer a ski shuttle to the ski lifts: Hahnenkamm, Kitzbühel Horn and Jochberg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Tirolia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Tirolia Golf & Ski Hotel
- Grand Tirolia Golf And Ski Resort