Nepomuks B&B Backpackers Hostel Innsbruck
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$187
Priceline
Adlers Hotel(Innsbruck)
$189
  • Restaurant
Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli(Innsbruck)(Great Value!)
$111
$91
Travelocity
Nala Hotel(Innsbruck)
$109
$97
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscafe staffshared kitcheneach morningold citycentral locationmundingnutellakeycerealjamsoccupantscheesemountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The concept is cool; apartments transformed to dorm rooms. But this makes for such a noisy place it's almost unbelievable. I must admit, we had to check into bed a bit earlier than usual because we had a plane to catch early the next morning, but come on! Did that drunken guy really have bump into our door 6 times before loudly discussing 'the meaning of life' with his neighbor? I'm sorry. Sleep quality 0. And yes it was me who slammed the front door shut at 7 AM.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronengel
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Very nice rooms, incredible location, owner very friendly (you can get lots of very useful information about Tirol) , great beakfast (linked to one of the best konditorei in town and a very nice Café), just the perfect - cheap - place to spend a few days in innsbruck... unfortunately, no Internet, but the McDo is not so far and no parking possibility, but it's everywhere the same problem in Innsbruck

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I absolutely loved Nepomuk's. I liked how they had converted an apartment into bedrooms and dorms and we had the shared kitchen and sitting area. It was very cozy and it was nice of them to offer free pasta, coffee, and tea. Sitting outside on the porch on a beautiful day, smelling the wonderful cakes baking below was heavenly.

Breakfast was simple, but I don't think I will ever be served a huge slice of cake alongside bread and jam anywhere else! I had to check out early in the morning to drive to Munich and they offered to pack me lunch since I'd miss breakfast. This didn't make a lot of sense, but I appreciated the offer. The location of this hostel cannot be beat. No wifi here, but go stand out in front of the nearby McDonald's with your iPhone and you're good.

It was World Cup time when I was here and so the noise from the streets was constant. We had the windows open for air, so the nights were quite sleepless. We also had a drunk, snoring boy in the room one night, but this is what you get at a hostel! I did met a lot of really cool people at Nepomuk's as well.

I do not recommend bringing a car to Innsbruck. The hostel owners were very accommodating in getting me a parking space (I had let them know in advance), but this took some time, due to some unexpected circumstances with another guest, so in the meantime, it was a huge hassle and I spent much of the day I arrived driving around and finding that parking garages can be scary small, even with a small car. You don't want to risk damage with a rental. I would never drive to Innsbruck again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank RoamingTheGlobe
Reviewed August 13, 2010

W stayed at Nepomuks during the Innsbruck leg of a banger rally this year. On arrival we were really impressed with the location, and were greeted by possibly the friendliest lady in Austria who even went out of her way to help us with our rally challenge for that day. We just wished we were there for longer to take in all the sights that she suggested!

It was impeccably clean and cosy, and generally felt more like a house than a hostel. We all slept like logs, and the breakfast in the morning was probably my favourite of our entire trip as it involved massive slices of very tasty cake! Absolutely fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank burkeburke
Reviewed August 6, 2010

Stayed in this hostel for three nights. The location is very central - less then a minute walk to the main street where the golden roof is located as well as the tourist information centre. Plenty of supermarkets and shops around. The kitchen is very small (not like the one shown on this website) and could hardly fit more then one person. One bathroom and one WC for the maximum ten occupants in this hostel. Beds were very soft - and being on the first floor we could hear every chatters going on downstairs. Breakfast was sub-par - coffee was plenty, two pieces of bread, one glass of cereal and one piece of cake for both of us to share. We ended up eating in some other cafe in the subsequent mornings. This place has no wifi. However, given the location and the low prices, this place remains a travelers' choice. We will consider other options when we return to Innsbruck.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple