“Avoid”

Ranked #28 of 73 Hotels in Innsbruck
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend earlier this year. whilst the location is good for the town and access to the slopes (via the train) the hotel smells strongly of tobacco, rooms are basic, and unfortunately, I had a pair of earrings and my passport stolen from my room.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Holon, Israel
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We really loved our stay at this hotel. It's a bit far from the city center, but we really enjoyed our walk along the river to get there - about 15 mins. The hotel is right on the main road and we got a room overlooking the road but it also had a wonderful view of the river. Although I thought the traffic would disturb us at night, it really didn't. The staff were really friendly and Stefan at the desk helped us lug our suitcases up the stairs to our room (no elevator). The room was small but spotless. Couldn't fault the bathroom either, although I would like to have seen soap and shampoo bottles.
A very nice hotel if you're just passing through.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The shower and the bed (double bed for a single room!) were great, and the view of the mountains from the window was stunning. However, I was unable to open the window and there was no air conditioning, leaving the room quite warm. For some reason the hallway was pitch-black, and since my room was at the corner of the hall, everyone bumped into my door as they were feeling their way to their room. The road can be a little daunting to cross, as there is no crosswalk in front of the hotel, and it's hard to see cars coming around the bend. Overall an OK one-night stay, but I might not stay here if I came back to Innsbruck for longer than that, because it's a bit of a walk from the city centre.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

FOURTH REVIEW: Hotel Heimgartl, Innsbruck

Another small family hotel, not very close to the old town (but we walked anyway). When we got to the hotel, there was no one to check us in, but a message telling us which key was ours. There were no other guests, which made us fell unsafe. Only later we saw a couple of guests. The room was super basic. Parking was free but we were left without the promised free internet, as we didn't know the password. The next morning, the owner was there and he told us it was a regular procedure during holidays (it was Easter monday) in small hotels. This was the place I felt the most unsafe, not only because of the spookiness of being in an empty hotel, but also for leaving the car in the small parking lot in front of the hotel, in a street that, despite the high volume of cars passing by, was rather empty, with no pedestrian life.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucia G
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We juts needed one overnight stop as we travelled by train across Europe . We found this hotel using TA and were really pleased . Nice warm welcome from the host . Nothing was too much trouble . Plenty of good advice for our brief walk around Innsbruck . Room was "roomy" , clean and tidy with comfortable beds etc . Corridors were a bit stark and echoed but heh ,what was I expecting and how long do you stay in a corridor . It just struck me that's all . We didn't manage to stay for breakfast so cant't comment . Easy walk into the Old Town form the hotel across the river and 5 minute taxi ride to the station . And how nice is Innsbruck ! A real surprise . I would certainly look at this hotel again if I was venturing back this way

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights when I was visiting Innsbruck for a Conference. It was my first time in Austria and I absolutely loved it and would recommend to anyone to go there. The hotel was close to the venue for the Conference and to the furnicular railway and the old town was only a 20 minute walk away. The room was beautifully clean, the bed very comfortable and the staff very helpful. I would certainly choose to stay at this hotel again when visiting Innsbruck.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank tunkaralin
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was great place to stay, just across the river from the town centre. It is about 15 min walk from the old town, and 25 min from the railway station.
It is located on a fairly busy road, so traffic noise might be a problem if you are not used to it.
The staff are very friendly & helpful. Our room was not particularly large - but was OK for a couple of nights. The breakfast was very impressive - a cold buffet, with plenty of local & home made produce - in a fabulous setting - a very old carved wood-panelled room. The hotel does not serve food other than breakfast - but there is a small terrace overlooking the river where you could eat a pic-nic or a take-away.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if you are worried about noise