We just returned home today from a trip to Austria/Germany/northern Italy, and loved it. Part of that was because we stayed at the Hotel Trend Congress in Innsbruck, Austria. The people were wonderful, especially Nina at the front desk in the evenings. We were with a group, and she went above and beyond for people - extra towels, hairdryer, ice for people with bad knees, etc. Everyone loved her ! We also loved our wait staff - I believe it was Hans and Christian, but all were extremely nice.
The location was great - 10 minute walk to the old town square and many shops and restaurants. Directly across the street from the tram up to the top of the mountain - which I did and, although scared silly, enjoyed it so much. It was a beautiful trip up, down, and on the different levels, with places to have coffee and snacks.
Huge, modern bathrooms, unlike the usually small ones you find in Europe. Showers should have been mounted higher up on the wall, so you could actually stand "under" them, but the hand held was great for hair washing. Beds were comfortable (twins, which could be pushed together), and small sofa in room was great for relaxing.
We had dinner there most nights, and it was great, particularly the last night when they hosted a special dinner for us in the conference room downstairs. Outstanding ! Breakfasts were very good every morning with fruit, breads, pastries, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc.
The only "con" I could say was that the paint on the walls was bumped into quite a bit and needed another coat, but because they used flat paint, of course every little thing showed. Would recommend a nice soft gloss, and these walls could be wiped down. A new coat of paint would freshen things up. There was a safe in the rooms and really good clost and drawer space.
Everyone in our group was satisfied with this hotel and would certainly use it again, if any of us get the chance to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful location in the heart of Innsbruck's exclusive "Saggen" residential area, the magnificent view over the mountains, the fresh air, the exclusive design in all rooms and suites, the spacious spa area, the international flair in the restaurant and the bar and the excellent all-round service: all that and much more makes the Hotel Congress a truly special place to stay. The hotel is situated between the exhibition centre and the congress centre, directly next to the Hungerburgbahn funicular, which takes you up on 2300 metres above sea level within only a few minutes. The old town of Innsbruck is located only five minutes walking distance from the hotel as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Austria Trend Hotel Congress Innsbruck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Austria Trend Hotels And Resorts
- Austria Trend Hotel Innsbruck
- Congress Hotel Innsbruck