Hotel Schwarzer Bar
Alphotel Tirol(Innsbruck)
  • Restaurant
Hohe Munde(Innsbruck)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe riverold townfirst floorcozy hotelchristmas market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Had a great time in this hotel. Booked one night single room as a solo traveler. The hotel was simply perfect for me as the river and mountains are just perfect window view, and the old city is just 5 minutes walk along the bridge. The owner, Mr.Auer, is extremely nice, helpful and attentive. I had a feeling like I am at home, in the good sense of it. Lovely breakfast. Car parking is no issue, but you need to reserve it prior to your arrival, and it is a block away. Not an issue, as use can use hotel front door parking to check-in and put the luggage before you move your car to the parking lot. Very convenient arrangement.
Room very clean and functional, great free Wifi signal! Wireless phone as well.
Cons would only be no air-conditioning and no lift. The first can be resolved by leaving the window open at night, the later was not a problem for me, but older people should book the lowest floor. Overall I had a great time and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Innsbruck.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2011

The hotel is located near downtown, within walking distance, but in a neighborhood a little rundown. The general structure of the hotel is antiquated and somewhat neglected (we have not seen the presence of elevators). It has a private paying car park not far though it has a space for loading and unloading of luggage just in front. The room proposed was partially restored (parquet and new beds, old doors and bathroom fan) and although the beds were neat and clean, carpets and curtains did not see water and detergents for a long time.
Definitely not worth three stars who displays.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was a good hotel given that it was all I could find by the time I booked it. Not fancy, but clean, quite large, and close to the action. The only drawback was no air-conditioning! We stayed at the end of June, and just sweltered on the bedslay night. I would have been fine with even a fan, but unfortunately there was nothing.
Just a one night stay. Parking was good; didn't have breakfast there; service was pleasant, although not stand out in any way. All main sights just a quick trip over the bridge.
Innsbruck itself was totally stunning.
Would probably stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We stayed for one night at the Cityhotel Schwarzer Bar. It is a couple minutes walk across the bridge from the Old Town and very convenient. We utilized their paid parking garage which was about a block's walk away from the hotel. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the river - there was a fair amount of ambient noise that wasn't too bothersome. Our bed was VERY comfortable. Decor was minimal and not fussy, which I appreciated. I don't think there is air conditioning, so it may get hot in the summertime - we actually left our windows open all night because the ?unusually warm spring day made our room too warm. Free wifi was fast and breakfast was hearty. My only complaints would be about the uncomfortable bath and hand towels and the shower soap dispenser. Overall, for a one night stay, it was probably about as good of a value you could get for the central location in Innsbruck.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I stayed over there with my wife and our 1 year old daughter. Highly recommended, an excellent situation and very well treated. Food was nice, and the service was pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family