“Dinner”
Review of Ottoburg

Ottoburg
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Very disappointed... not a cheap restaurant so we thought we'd spoil ourselves given we were only staying a few days. Our waitress couldn't manage a smile (until we were leaving the restaurant)? We waited ages for the meal to come (about an hour) although my husband thinks this was a bit longer. I ordered a steak which was approx €34 so it was expensive. The food was cold (probably not helped by the fact the plates were also cold) and the potato gratin was also cold and unbelievably salty... I ate a couple of mouthfuls and left the rest which my husband finished off (the steak) as he thought it tasted ok albeit cold. In hindsight we should have complained due to the expense but we were just so tired by this point we wanted to just get back to our hotel. There was also a table of Italian people looking 'bemused' at the unfriendliness of the waitresses. They also didn't come and ask how our meals were because I think they knew it was less than average! I'm pretty easy to please and to write a review like this is only when I feel so strongly about something.

1  Thank Karen K
"architecture"
in 3 reviews
"century"

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

The food was fine, but they took 2.2 for seating per person and the service was very slow. It looked like a good place to eat but it was very hot inside

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

This is Not such a great restaurant. It is old, but that doesn't guarantee a good experience. The service was good, the wine ok, but we had a schnitzel and a steak and both were in small sizes and we can rate them as medium...

Reviewed July 12, 2016

Located at the end of the shopping area in the centre of the Old Town. It has a restaurant with wooden panel interior. It has a great view form the second floor. Average food. Nice location to take a break.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 29, 2016

This restaurant is spread through few floors and furnished very traditionally. We did not have booking and they were able to offer us free table on the 2nd floor with the river Inn view. Tyrolean cuisine is not vegetarian friendly but very kind waiter suggested few meals which could be made for me. I went with vegetable platter, with sauerkraut, salad and fried egg on the top. The reason for 4 stars is that all my vegetables were overcooked to the point that they were falling apart when on fork. Wine was very good and we also enjoyed apple strudel for a desert. Building is very unusual, full of history, staff was helpful and prices reasonable for the location. I wouldn't recommended this restaurant to veggies but if you are meat eater and enjoy Tyrolean cuisine it is definitely worth a visit.