“We enjoyed it”
Review of Die Pizzerei

Die Pizzerei
Ranked #8 of 440 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Top Pizzeria, recht neu, mit stylischer Bar und XL Holzofen.
Manchester, England
“We enjoyed it”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Five of us ate here on the night before we flew home from a ski trip. We had booked in advance so we were not wandering around looking for something to eat – we really enjoyed it and I would certainly go again. We did not test the menu very much after 6 nights of five course dinners in our ski hotel, but the pizza and beer hit the spot. Nothing else was needed. The pizza is obviously very popular and we were not surprised as they are huge and very well priced. Other dishes we saw at nearby tables looked good and very generous portions. It is located in an attractive old building and the internal style is modern but quite cosy. Love the pepper mill lights!

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Jacksonville, Florida
“Terrible!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I visited this restaurant on a Saturday evening at 1800. We had a reservation from 1800-1930. It wasn't busy when we got there. We ordered wine and 2 pizzas. After two hours and 4 glasses of wine we NEVER GOT OUR FOOD! They said they burnt the first pizzas and had to remake them (fine with us, we were in no hurry and just chatting) then at 1940, after seeing 5 tables come after our burnt pizza and order/eat/leave before we got any food, we left. All we got was a "sorry, I don't know what happened" as we were leaving. We only have 3 days in Innsbruck and wasted a perfectly good night at this restaurant just getting angry and ending up hungry.

3 Thank Catherine1124
Diss
“Undercooked Pizza on two occasions - Style over substance”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Ate here on two nights on our short stay, the first night we had pizza is was passable, slightly wet and doughy, but ok.

We tried again the following night, and unfortunately, it was worse, the pizza was very under cooked, this may be due to the fact that the pizza chef has a very large restaurant and bar to cater for, which is obviously putting him under pressure.

More annoyingly is the fact that on three occasions, we were sold short on beer. The measure was always around 3cm below the fill line (not the rim) There is more froth then in the UK for sure, but the fill line is the fill line simple.

If we were at home in our local pub/restaurant we would had something, as tourists we did not wish to cause any trouble and let it fly, but you need to be fair with your customers.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank browa32
Pyeongtaek, South Korea
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Went to this restaurant for lunch based on the trip advisor ranking. Was not all that impressed. Like other people I found the pizza to be undercooked. The glass of wine me and my received was 100mL; very small portion for a European restaurant. I have been to many other Italian restaurants which are better. Don't get me wrong the food was not terrible it was just average. Service was great, person who met us at door was friendly and seated us right away. Waiter was very nice and spoke excellent English. Since this is the only place we ate at in our half day trip to Innsbruck it might be one of the best. However I would not go back again.

• Visited January 2014
Innsbruck, Austria
“One of the best in Innsbruck”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was not my first visit, in fact I have been there a couple of times, but after writing a rather negative review of another restaurant in Innsbruck (ebi's) it occurred to me that I should consider myself lucky that there is a restaurant like "Die Pizzerei" in Innsbruck.

The food is Italian, yes. But most of the dishes there seem to have a little twist, something not so common but quite fitting in a subtle way and that, at least in my opinion, shows that there is some ingenuity in the kitchen or the very least someone with who has some passion for cooking.
The open wines are good but a little bit price but that is to be expected. The cocktails are also quite agreeable. Try the whiskey sour if your into that sort of thing.

The restaurant has a pleasing and relaxing atmosphere while featuring an attractive decor. The restaurant section of "Die Pizzerei" non-smoking as far as I can recall. The service is friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The restrooms are clean and well kept. It may not have the best value for the money but the prices are justifiable.

The only real downside is that it is always quite busy. It is one of the best restaurants in Innsbruck. Period.

• Visited November 2013