“Great location but basic”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pension Stoi

Pension Stoi
Ranked #3 of 28 Innsbruck B&B and Inns
Dayton, Ohio, United States
“Great location but basic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

This hotel is very close to the train station but also an easy walk to the Old Town. The room size and bathroom size is decent. Very modern furnishings. There is no breakfast, but there is a nice grocery at the train station. Only downsides are that the towels are very scratchy (I'm not a picky person but I know Wal-Mart towels would be way better than these) and the hot water runs out very quickly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is very close to the train station. There are a few supermarkets nearby. Staff (owner) is very nice and helpful. Room is clean and quiet. Price is reasonable. Facility is basic. Need to ask the staff to get a water heater. The only drawback is that it has no elevator and with heavy luggage it is a bit inconvenient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Baarn, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

The location is great, near the railwaystation and the citycentre. It is a pension so it is basic. The lady who checked me in also showed me my room. Room quite large. Bear in mind that there is no elevator in the hotel. Meals are not served, even breakfast is not served. But there are restaurants nearby. I would recommend this pension if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank A.Brouwer
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I really did not like this place. It had a convenient location between the main railway station and the beautiful Innsbruck old town and, despite that, it was quiet. But our room was basically furnished and decorated, and oddly laid out. There was no wall between the bedroom and bathroom (although the toilet was separate) and a table and chairs to sit at were effectively in the bathroom. The beds were not particularly comfortable. This sort of thing is forgivable if the price is right, but the price was just too high for this standard of accommodation. But there were a couple of things that turned a mere disappointment into something worse. Firstly, although we travelled in May, the weather was unseasonably poor, but the heating was not working in our room and it was therefore rather cold. Secondly, when we arrived the friendly lady took us to our room, then took our passports from us and promised to be back with them and our key in 5 minutes. Half an hour later when we went to investigate, we discovered that she had left the passports on the desk and disappeared.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Viermabru
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Advantage:

- Good location. 5 minutes to the main train station and quite close to the old town. Few minutes walk.
- Great price in such pricey place.
- Great staff and helpful always. I met one young man who worked at hostel in skiing place and he was friendly to greet me and showed me how to skii.
- Spacious room.
- Free wifi.
- Never use but they do have parking place.

Disadvantage:
- There is no elevator so it is difficult for woman with big luggage.
- The mirror is too high that difficult to reach.
- It is not easy to adjust the shower ... warm water enough in bath room.
- Cleaness is acceptable but I think the wrap is not good enough.

It is not bad at all and I recommend this place for tight budget travellers. If I return to Innsbruck, I would like to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor if you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bangkok
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Good and quiet Rooms only 5 minutes walk from main train station.
The Pension Stoi is a few meters away from the main street,
so the traffic noise is low.
The old city is only a few minutes by walk away.
No breakfast only coffee vending machine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here April 30 for just one night. The location was great since it was a 3 minute walk from the train station and not far from the old town. The gentleman who runs it was very pleasant. We found the rooms to be simple but comfortable and very clean. The only negatives I have are minor. My shower would not give me an even flow of warm water. It would switch from hot to cold making my shower very short. The only other thing was that the only mirror was in the bathroom above the sink and it was so high I could only see my eyes without standing on my toes. There is no breakfast served but I felt it was still a good value for the price. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator we asked for rooms on the bottom floor and there were no steps to climb a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family