The Penz Hotel
Nala Hotel(Innsbruck)
$116
$102
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmodern hoteltop floorroof barexotic fruitsbreakfast room and barold townan underground car parkamazing breakfastbreakfast is servedperfect locationwithin walking distanceroom keyhotel barfront desk staffbed was comfortablewonderful hotelviews of the mountains
Reviewed November 18, 2013

It is nice and beautiful hotel, luxurious,hospitality and delicious breakfast.it's modern hotel and the room it's good the hotel is verey clean and it's new and there is ashopping center attached to the hotel and you can walk to old town and the hostoric places (( intresting area))

Room Tip: duble room very good
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Abdulla-Khalfan
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Located in excellent position, central but nearby a square, this is a stylish, slick and relaxed hotel.
I am particularly enticed by the excellent quality breakfast.
Cleanliness impeccable and design features uplifting.
A scenic lift brings you up to the last floor.
Not cheap but recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed at The Penz Hotel for just one night but it was a wonderful stay. The building is very modern but has so much character. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was one of the best buffets we've had! The room was large and comfortable with a great bed and a deep bath to soak in after a day of walking around the city. The location is ideal with everything you need within walking distance. We have a lovely time here and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuitcaseStories
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Perhaps there is some truth that I inclined toward fault-finding, but this characterization does not apply, not at all, regarding my recent stay at The Penz Hotel! I stayed in Innsbruck for 3 days before taking the train to an 8-day intensive teacher-training for a class I teach back home. I just loved Innsbruck and staying at the Penz only helped to enhance these very enjoyable 3 days.

The hotel's location is just perfect; a few blocks away from the most touristy parts of Innsbruck and yet just a 3 minute walk to the old town. The hotel felt both a slight bit removed and yet extremely close. The modern design, with mirror glass exterior, did well with the modern reflecting antiquity. While we are all different, this architectural statement worked for me! The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The size was more than adequate, the bed was comfortable and cozy, the Wifi was fast and from my 4th floor room I totally appreciated the serenely inspiring panorama of rooftops and mountains.

Breakfast was significantly well above average and a nice way to begin the day. The views from the 5th floor breakfast area were also just fabulous; soothing and tranquil sunrises above the mosaic of rooftops and mountain peaks, inviting and encouraging me to get going in my exploration of Innsbruck and surroundings. With my belly full from a overwhelmingly vast array of fresh fruits, freshly squeezed orange juice and other delightful options to many to mention, fully caffeinated from delicious coffee, I was ready to go!

I greatly valued and appreciated my pre-arrival email contacts with the hotel. They were responsive, helpful and promised me a 4th floor room with a view! It was not the typical "we will do our best to accommodate your preferences but depends on availability" kind of non-committal (and nonsense) response. Perhaps this is an advantage of a "boutique" hotel. Most, but not 100%, of the staff, was extremely accommodating and knowledgeable re: Innsbruck and surrounding areas. I do feel as if the training of the front desk personnel could be enhanced a bit so that there is more consistency in their professionalism and knowledge. Overall, my very positive interactions with the front desk far out-weighed any disappointing interactions.

For example, after hearing that I found Innsbruck's "old town" a bit too touristy and over-crowded, a gentleman working the front desk encouraged me to explore Hall in Triol. He was spot-on with this recommendation!!! I am quite grateful to have taken the 20+ minute bus adventure to this small village/town that had such a charming old town... authentic, not so commercial nor crowded and with the sun out, just a totally enjoyable adventure! I got some great pictures!!

The same man also recommended the Hotel Central (from 1884) for my Wiener Schnitzel experience and he was, once again, on-target. A 100% satisfying and very low-keyed/relaxing culinary experience (and 100% unhealthy too!!) Speaking of unhealthy but deeeelicious, the humongous portion of whipped cream serve with my Apple Strudel, set a new life-time standard for whipped-cream!! YUMMY YUMMY!

If you are still reading this review then by now you can see how staying at The Penz Hotel only enhanced my complete enjoyment of Innsbruck. THANKS Penz!! Obviously, from my own perspective, I would highly recommend this hotel and if I am ever fortunate to return to Innsbruck then I would want to also return to The Penz.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Experienced1052
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed 1 night in the hotel Penz. Reasonably priced underground parking with the elevators directly to the hotel floors, functional, moderately sized room with the very comfortable bed and a large variety of the international TV channels. The location is the best and there were enouph breakfast reviews, so I'll just say that I agree with them all. All front desk personnal was very helpful with the restaurants and sightseeing suggestions.

Having free wi-fi service automatically without annoying passwords and locking out was especially welcomed and so 21th century.

We really enjoyed our stay and hope to be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple