“Best holiday ever!!! Got engaged here.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Sailer

Hotel Sailer
Ranked #33 of 75 Hotels in Innsbruck
London, United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever!!! Got engaged here.”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is by far the best holiday I have ever had. Me and my partner absolutely love mountains, snow, Christmas and culture. Innsbruck provides more than this and the Hotel Sailer was a large part of our holiday. The service was lovely, there was a lovely Mexican waiter who was awesome!! The food is beautiful, the breakfast was always a big part of our day. We in fact carry on the tradition of having melon in the morning like we had in the hotel. The bacon and eggs are THE BEST!!
I would highly recommend this place as they have very good information on the sight seeing and general enquiries.

The best part is when my partner proposed to me up the top of the mountain (heffeleker - I think!). Was the most amazing time of my life.

This hotel is also a really nice 5 mins walk away from the old town and train station. A note to remember is that Innsbruck is one of the safest towns in Europe! You can feel this too, amazing!!!! If your thinking about going, I would say GO!!!

Room Tip: The building is well built so noise isn't an issue. The hotel is off any main roads so traffic i...
1 Thank Yssy K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We arrived via train, walked for 90 seconds and arrived at Hotel Sailer. The room was beautiful, modern, good internet connection, and a terrific breakfast. Each day we would go up for a steam in their spa after walking through neighbouring Old Town, and that was great too. I can find absolutely no reason to give this hotel anything less than a perfect rating here. Tip: if you arrive by train, find the walkway across the street between buildings. It takes you right to Hotel Sailer! Google maps doesn't show it but it's right across the street from the train station.

Room Tip: The rooms have been renovated very nicely. Find the walkway between buildings to get to the train st...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A very pleasant 5 night stay over the new year. Hotel is well located between the train station and town centre. Staff were very helpful and the rooms very comfortable. My only (minor) gripes are that there are no face-washers in the bathrooms and the soaps are quite small. Again these are very minor gripes. The best thing is that the ski bus picks you up and drops off right outside the front door and it's free! We had such a wonderful trip to Innsbruck and the Hotel Sailer played a big part of it! Definitely worth staying here!

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

this hotel was a traditional austrian family run hotel.it was friendly,clean, and staff couldn't do enough for you. minutes away from town centre so central to everything.absolutely loved it and will book again.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was beautiful in every way. The reception staff were very friendly
and helpful. The room was large (double for single use) very fresh & airy.
It was a pleasure to spend time there in between sightseeing and exploring
the beautiful city. They also have a restaurant in which they serve a great
included breakfast. I enjoyed a dinner which was also delicious; service
was excellent. The location could not be better, only a very short walk
from their front door. Just across the street was a wonderful cafe/konditorei
specializing in those delicious Austrian tortes and coffee. I would love to
go back. The price of 100 Euro per night was definitely a great value.
Mary Wegner.....Winnipeg,Manitoba Canada

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank marsia
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The good stuff: the bed was very comfortable and the room was a decent size.

The not so good stuff: When booking we requested a high floor as we had read on Tripadvisor that the lower floors were noisy. When we checked in we found we were booked into a lower floor with no chance of change because they were full. There is a construction site opposite and yes, you guessed it, it's noisy. And outside of the hotel's control, we were woken at midnight by a lady screaming and shouting in the street - I couldn't see or understand what was going on (she wasn't shouting in English), it sounded like she had been mugged, or something else very terrible had happened - I've never heard anyone scream like that before.

The shower in our room was broken and was unable to be fixed until morning - but the receptionist gave me a key to another room to shower in, in the meantime. A little annoying that the housemaids hadn't noticed it was broken (it was hard to miss), but these things happen.

We stayed in a non-smoking room but found we had to block the gap under the door to the hallway, as smoke was drifting up from the smoking area (a bar?) downstairs.

Room Tip: *Insist* on a higher room, to avoid the street noise and construction. I asked, but didn't recei...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stay in Hotel Sailer last week. It was raining so the weather was cold. I had asked for one more blanket but OMG! tomorrow I saw some rash on my hands, wrists and feet. Today all my rashes turn to target lesions that my doctor told me it is" tick-insect bite reaction with erythema migrans". Here are the pictures to tell the truth.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank syahoo

Travelers are raving about these Innsbruck hotels