“Best staff and location”
Review of Hotel Sailer

Hotel Sailer
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed March 15, 2012

Because of chance, we ended up here on our trip, and what a stroke of luck!!the staff was excellent, the manager, Simone was very accomodating, friendly and tried to help in anyway she could every customer that came looking for help, the bar a great little place for a night cup,the restaurant very good and reasonable priced and the breakfast very good.....The rooms clean and fresh, in all , a very good experience, would go back in a second.

Room Tip: If you want to wake up and the first thing you want to look at is the Alps, ask for a room to the ba...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carlos M

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We got this hotel as part of a flight+hotel package holiday and we were a bit nervous choosing it because of the mixed reviews here on tripadvisor - but we liked the location so we thought, fine we'll give it a chance. We weren't disappointed at all.

The staff were mostly very helpful and all spoke excellent English - apart from one guy who seemed clueless about the local bus system. (Typical driver, he has no idea about the local buses!) But nonetheless, all the staff members we encountered were helpful, very polite and we couldn't have asked for more.

It was a skiing holiday for us and we loved the fact that they had a ski room in the basement for us to store our skis. It even had a ski boot rack specifically built to dry out those ski boots so they are warm and toasty when you put them on in the morning. Furthermore, the ski bus network of Innsbruck made it so convenient for us to get from the hotel to the mountains - we were so amazed and impressed at how the whole thing is so well organized.

There was also a sauna on the 6th floor which we did use - it was a pleasant thing to do after a day's skiing.

The location is very convenient as it is located very near the central train station where you will arrive (be it by train or from the airport on the airport bus) - it took us just 2 minutes to walk to the train station and there are loads of cheap and cheerful places to eat there. You are no more than 5-6 mins walk into the old town from the hotel. There's also Sillpark Mall which is just beyond the train station - if you like your shopping, go there!

The room was pretty good - okay, I've seen some dodgy pictures of not-so-nice hotel rooms on this website, but ours was pretty good. Impressive size, comfortable beds, nice flat screen TV. Over 40 channels available but only 2 in English (CNN + BBC World). Like hello? I slept well enough and have little to complain about the room.

The breakfast was decent enough, not much hot food but this is a continental European hotel and so you get a lot of bread, cheese, ham, jams along with fruits, yoghurts and cereals. There was so sad looking scrambled eggs and bacon which I avoided but I was happy enough with the breakfast. Shame though, I was hoping for some nice cakes as the Austrians do know how to make some delicious cakes but there were none on offer at the breakfast. But yeah, very strong coffee was on tap and I was happy enough.

I am somewhat confused as to why this hotel had mixed reviews as I did have a very nice time there. I know how sometimes you can meet just one nasty member of staff to completely ruin your experience (I got that in Patscherkofel, but hey, that's another story for another day) - but I would definitely recommend this hotel to others based on my 4D/3N stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid noise from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank GymnastAlex
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Friendly, comfortable hotel in the centre of Innsbruck. Great base for a ski holiday, you've the city centre for sightseeing and food, complementary hotel breakfast is great, there is a free bus pickup to any of the 9 ski centres around Innsbruck and when you get back there is a free sauna and steam room. Great independent hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank planetrobert
Reviewed February 28, 2012

great hotel. very polited staff, in fact, every austrian people it seems diferent from the european people. they are very polite. the lady in front desk in the hotel, helped us with the parking machine in front of the hotel. could you imagine this in france? no way.
great room and breakfast. great location
everithing was great in the hotel
congratulations.
a i'll back for sure

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2012

A well located hotel in the centre of Innsbruck, with easy access to all. The room that we had was nice and large with a fantastic walk in shower.
Pity that the double room is 2 single bed pushed together, dont you jast hate that.
The morning buffer breakfast was very good. Must say that the Restaurant was had excellent food with a very nice selection of Austrian and International wines.
The staff were all very nice and friendly, it is an advantage if you do speak German as not all speak an other language.
Unfortunatly there is always one to screw things up and that was the receptionist on the last day as we were checking out, I asked to get a copy of the bill to check and was told that they did not do that......I could check After I had paid!!!
I told her that tis was not the way it worked and that I wanted to check first, she tried to turn the screen for me to see...big joke after insiting I got my printout.

What a pitty to have some young girl spoil an other wise nice stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Hotel Sailer is a family run hotel and restaurant in the heart of Innsbruck. The location is perfect , the rooms are clean , the hotel stuff is nice and the restaurant is very good with typical Austrian food .
Also the price for a 4star hotel at this location is not expensive.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Pleasant enough. Overly large bedroom with conversely very small bathroom.
Decent breakfast, parking at rear, and friendly reception staff. Handy for town centre. Wifi didn't work outside reception area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple