“good value hotel”

Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Innsbruck
Windsor, United Kingdom
“good value hotel”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

nice modern hotel good facilities ,plenty of parking ikea and shops within walking distance

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Durham
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I was a bit dismayed to find that the hotel is not in the centre of town, but after I arrived I decided it was worth it. This is a very nice, modern, comfortable hotel with very reasonable rates. It's located on the outskirts of the city, next to a pretty church and tucked under woods and hills nearby. There seems to be a small field nearby, and what looks like a farm building, so it feels quite rural, although it's still in the city, and there is a shopping centre with food outlets and an IKEA a few minutes' walk away. I was told it was a 40 minute walk to the city centre, but when I tried it myself it only took 20-25 minutes to reach the station. There are very regular trams from close by the hotel inside the old town and the train station, so travel is easy.

The hotel staff are very friendly and the room itself is lovely. I had a very spacious single room, which includes a small sofa and a huge TV. The bedding was good quality and very cosy and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was awesome - very smart and sparkling clean, with an enormous shower. Everything looks quite new and very contemporary. The breakfast buffet was lovely with lots of very good breads, and the very reasonable rates included breakfast and wifi so I was very happy. The only (tiny) potential problem is the church next door - the church bells peal out early in the morning on a Sunday :-)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Booked via a search website, we paid 88€ for one night at the hotel Kapeller. We read online that it had been renovated, and indeed it just looks really great inside! 88€ is maybe not the cheapest but also not the most expensive and for the quality that you find there, I would definitely recommand it. People are friendly, rooms are cleaned and design/modern. Individual Wifi in the rooms, the breakfast is really good, the products fresh! If you are by foot, you will need to take the tram to reach the center, but within 15 min you will be there. The area is pretty quite, just close to a church, and the highway, but you can't really hear anything. Nearby you have shopping area with some restaurants (well only a few) and of course Innsbruck is just a great city to enjoy! So after a good night at this hotel you are ready for the sight seeing, hiking, or skiing!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is nestled in a lovely location, overlooking the snow capped tips of the Alps. The view is grand and spectacular. The rooms are spacious and cozy. We stayed here just for a night enroute to Black Forest. The breakfast spread the following morning was generous and tasty. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Huddleston, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The rooms were very nice, very modern, and comfortable. When we checked in they were having a dedication in the lobby (remodeled and new owners). We waited about 5 minutes while they got the dedication done then we checked in. The staff were busy with the dedication and got us to our room quickly. It seemed that the staff was more concerned with the party/mingling than the guest. We were in Innsbruck to snowboard. One of the most popular skiing/snowboarding destinations in the world. The first morning we stopped by a snowboard shop to pick up boards etc and they told us about the "Ski Bus". Its a "FREE" bus that picks you up at your hotel and then takes you to one of about 12 resorts around Innsbruck. We jumped on the bus from the snowboard shop the first morning and were off and running. The reason I mention this is because the next three days we had to teach each hotel desk clerks about this service. It blew me away that they were not aware of this excellent service in the heart of this ski/snowboard mecca. Also when I was checking out I noticed a list of the other people checking out and their rates. We had two people in a room with one bed and I paid 145 euros a night. One other guest paid 99 euros a night, and another paid 79 euros a night. I know one guest only had one person in the room because I met them, it just seemed like a bit of a wide range in prices. Maybe I was "had" maybe I wasn't, but I know our room wasn't some kind of penthouse or suite. Just a normal room with one bed and a shower and toilet. It was very modern and tasteful but I don't think it was worth 45 more euro's than another room. One other big thing is @ 11pm the front desk closes, one night we were returning from the down town around midnight and there was a traveler outside that was trying to reach the hotel. He was trying to check in and they had forgotten to leave his key taped to the front door. The poor guy slept on the couch in the lobby until that morning when the staff showed up after we let him in the hotel. My recommendation is arrive before 11pm or good luck.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms have been redone so I am sure they are all clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Scranton
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I felt at home here. Kapeller made my family trip to Innsbruck an absolute delight. Room: Spacious, simply furnished, fully renovated in 2011. High speed internet and TV. My room looked towards the Innsbruck center with the gorgeous snow tipped Alps as a backdrop. Small villages around where we enjoyed walking.

Pros: Breakfast buffet: Filling, delicious, couldn't ask for anything more. Within walking distance to all attractions

Cons: Not many people speak fluent English. However I can't express how welcoming the front desk and restaurant staff was.

Room Tip: Second flloor has a view (Alpes)
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Adam S
Peniche
Reviewed December 20, 2011

the reviews were written about the old hotel with the same name that used to be there since 1500 or something. In november 2011 they finished the full renovation - everything is brand new. We stayed there with my wife Helen for a week to enjoy beatiful Innsbruck mountains! Amazing service and location and all is fresh new.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family