“Great Location & Nice Room”
Review of Central Hotel

Central Hotel
Ranked #33 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel is in a great spot and near the train station. Probably 10-15 walk. The room was clean but had no AC. It really was hot and we had to borrow a fan to be able to sleep at night. Be very careful when you take a shower because there's only half of a glass door and water wen't everywhere when I showered. There was free internet in the lobby and a restaurant right next door. The service was a little slow but the sandwiches were good. What I liked most from the hotel was the location so I did not mind the heat. All in all I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 28, 2012

stayed for 4 nights. location was superb with proximity to both station and the town centre. everything was a short walk away. was esp convenient cos we were travelling with a toddler. there are 2 huge supermarkets just around the block and lots of eateries and shops around. room was a bit small but the bathroom was surprisingly large and very well done. seemed to be relatively newly done up. breakfast was a good spread and the staff at the front desk were especially helpful and smiling. would definitely go back and stay there again

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We had an excellent room for 3 adults, #410 at the Hotel Central, Innsbruck. Mom was very comfortable on the sofa bed downstairs with full bath, tv, & view of the alps. My husband and I were thrilled with our double bed, half bath and deck-also overlooking the alps with a view of the Berisel skii jump. We look forward to returning.

Pros:
1. Great Location in a beautiful town.
2. Close parking garage.
3. Very good breakfast.
4. Excellent value for superb accommodations!

Cons:
I wished we had stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kenda_Mark
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Me and my friend stayed at the Hotel Central for eight nights! Yes, that' right, eight nights. That's because we were on a skiing trip in Innsbruck. I would say that the hotel is very nice, not as nice as you would expect from a hotel with a 4 star rating, but rather nice enough for three stars. Well, we live in Finland so I guess that our hotels might be a little nicer in general than the ones in Central Europe but I'm not sure.

We had a room in first floor which had its' pros and cons. Pros were that we were able the get a reception from the free WiFi that the hotel provides in the lobby. It's not supposed to be in the rooms, but at least I got the reception with an iPad. So that is definately a pro. But when it come to cons, I must say that we could hear the noices from the street below and from the bar at night. But that didn't bother us that much, but I could imagine that if you're traveling with children this could be a problem.

We didn't eat breakfast or anything else for that matter at the hotel, so I can't say anything about their restaurant besides that it looked really nice. The staff at Central was great, very helpful and friendly and spoke very good English, which is not always the case in Austria. Also the location was excellent, right in the city centre a two-minute walk away from the Maria-Theissen Strasse which is the main street in Innsbruck. Also the sauna was very good with a nice balcony to cool off. And this comes from the mouth of a Finn, so you know that the sauna was good ;) There is also a ski bus stop right in the front of the hotel, so that's also a great thing. But of course you can use the public transportation to go to the mountains, and it's all free as long as you have your skiing gear on. We rented our skis and snowboards from a place called Die Börse, and they had a pick up service from the hotel for only three euros. I think that this was great since we were exhausted after six days of skiing so we didn't have to drag our gear back to the venue.

All in all, I would stay at the Hotel Central again with great pleasure.

Room Tip: Get a room from the first floor if you want to access the WiFi (it only works in the lobby, but I go...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Same W
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Sorry to say this but don't eat here, Have a beer or coffee.
Send back two different dishes, wanted to send back the last one but enough was enough, so I gave up. All cold, not cooked and terrible.
Waiters great, apologised but then expected me to pay for last uneaten dish,
I mean how skilled do you have to be to make a toasted ham and cheese sandwich? It was simply not edible.
Central location, wonderful room.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ur-Mentor
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Hotel was of a nice standard and located centrally, ideal for exploring Innsbruck as we were only there for a day. Room was clean and of reasonable size, although with the radiator being at the head of the bed it did get hot overnight. Staff were helpful and the breakfast was of a good quality and reasonably priced. A pleasant place to stay in Innsbruck.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Frizznut
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here with Cosmos bus tours. Nice, clean rooms tastefully decorated. Great central location, within easy walking distance of the city center. Very good included breakfast. There was a computer available in the lobby for guests (no fee). We found out later that there were also bicycles for guests to use free of charge during the day. All in all, we would stay here again and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends