“Well below par for a 4 start hotel”
Review of Hotel Neue Post

Hotel Neue Post
Ranked #67 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed May 4, 2010

While this hotel is within walking distance of the old section of Innsbruck, its location is not conducive to having a great holiday. The room was extremely small, the hotel itself was old. Having stayed in other 4 star hotels in Vienna and Salzburg, this would rate about 2 stars against them. The breakfast was appaling. Reception staff were very helpful. The room was clean.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheepgalore

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Booked online directly from the hotel’s official website. Booked their ski package (half-board package including ski pass); the package did not specify the no. of meals/ days of ski pass included so I emailed the hotel and asked. The hotel replied by email to confirm that the package included a 6-day ski pass.

After checking in, the staff said the package only included a 4-day ski pass and asked us to pay the price difference if we wanted to get a 6-day ski pass. We told the staff that it was our understanding that the package included a 6-day pass. The hotel staff argued with us as if we were telling lies and tried to cheat them for a 6-day pass. The hotel had free wi-fi so we were able to obtain a copy of the email. We then showed them the email, and the staff of the hotel said he would ‘apologize’ to us but still we have to pay their quoted price for a 6-day pass. The hotel staff admitted that their online booking system had errors, and another mistake was that they replied by email to confirm that the package included a 6-day pass. Therefore, they made an apology (appeared to me to be a lip service only and not sincere at all), and said they have already remedied their two mistakes by the apology and so we have to pay the price they now quote.

In the end, there was nothing we could do but pay what they asked for. The argument with the staff really disturbed me and I regard that as a very unpleasant experience. I felt that I was unlucky and it was not necessary to go through all these in my holiday- they made me go through all these because of the 2 mistakes they made!

Okay, apart from the above, my room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was nice although the half-board dinner was so-so (but ok already having in mind of its price). It was also nice that the hotel offered free wi-fi through out our stay. The location was good (10 mins walk to city centre).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandbag1225
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My room was quiet, although on the street; spacious enough, as I used it only for sleep and for paperwork. Its decor was unobtrusive. The bathroom was equipped with a shower-bath rather than a tub, offering gel dispensers rather than cakes of soap, and not kitted out with the flow-control devices that prevent you from scalding or freezing as your neighbour turns his taps on and off; one towel smelt slightly musty, the others were high-pile and piled high, acres of lovely warm terrycloth. The public spaces were... well, the breakfast salon charming, the lobby (up a flight of steps from the street, if access is at all a concern for you) ample and well-furnished, and the corridor from the lift to my room was, frankly, un-nerving. A copy of Klimt's "Adele Bloch-Bauer", two metres by a metre and a half, leered at me as I emerged from my room and the lift door itself bore a sternly staring figure from his Beethoven frieze. (Is Secessionist art vividly decorative or aesthetic bullying? Discuss.) The breakfast choices were ample and what I ate was good. The hotel is in a rather dull part of town, remote from the usual attractions but convenient to the University clinics and easily reached by foot from the Buergerstrasse bus stop on the F line from and to Kranebitten airport. The front-desk staff were polite and helpful; that acknowledged, however, when specifying that I'd like to see a bit of the city and asking where to go for a cup of coffee, I should perhaps have been told -- Just down the Maximilianstrasse, out the front door and to the left, is Konditorei Valier, the best in the Tyrol, rather than, Oh, our restaurant makes very good coffee. All in all an unexceptionable two nights spent and, yes, I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Koermendi
Reviewed September 24, 2009

A good Hotel with friendly staff near the center. Breakfast was very good. Price for a 4* Hotel reasonable.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Found this hotel being rather tired so did not look for more.Its ok but rooms are small SMALL SMALL bathrooms smelly and small very small good location but have another look.breakfast poor too all this for 110+20 parking thanks but not again

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2009

Good hotel, with a short walking distance to the main square, clean rooms, tasty breakfast, but nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

When we arrived, we were told air conditioning was not turned on because is wasn't summer. Never mind that it was 90 degrees. Our room was on the top floor and was very warm. They turned on the air conditioning but, of course, it didn't put out cold air. They offer us a small fan and suggested that we open the windows. Room was on the street and traffic noise was terrible all night. They never offered to move us to a lower floor, but our memories of Innsbruck were dampened by this bad hotel experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple