“Cozy" and non superficial :)”
Review of Hotel Neue Post

Hotel Neue Post
Ranked #65 of 74 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed January 12, 2012

One thing i enjoy about this hotel is the location as well as the cozyness ! of it all , down to earth and no formalities , clean and reminds one of being in Tyrol ( does not have that plastic/empty feeling of other hotels ) , also the people at the front desk are helpful when they can ,

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Hotel Neue Post

Reviewed October 19, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel in August 2011 and found it to be adequate. First the "bad" parts of the review: I think a four star rating is a bit of a stretch. Our room and furniture was obviously old and in need of some upkeep. Additionally, there is no airconditioning, though the hotel apparently offers fans. We called down to the front desk and were informed there were no more fans available however... The bathroom was fine, though the water pressure in the shower was terrible.

On the positive side, the desk clerk was extremely helpful. He reminded me of a Hells Angels member- piercings and tatoos- but was very friendly, very knowledgeable, and was willing to answer any question we had. Our room was comfortable- the bed was fine and the closet was rather large. We were able to open our window and stick our heads out to have a spectacular view of the ski jump ramp that overlooks the city. Additionally, the hotel is in a great location. It was just a short walk to a very fun pedestrian area (the square with the golden balcony).

All in all, out of seven hotels we stayed in on our trip, this was probably the worst and was the second most expensive (though Innsbruck seems to be expensive). However, we were more or less looking for a clean, reputable hotel to spend one night, and this hotel met our needs. I don't know that I'd recommend a long stay here, but for a one or two night stay you won't be too disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights during a business visit in July 2011. For a 4 star hotel it is quite a dated building and the rooms are also in need of a renovation. The foyer is pleasant and my checkin was smooth. My single room was very small though clean. The bathroom was even smaller and barely enough room for a sink, shower and toilet. I felt drawn back to the 70's with the brown tiles. Fairly basic amenities and room, but I suppose it was good value for the price. Wifi was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CBDChick
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Find some of the other negative posts puzzling. We were here for a week and I was very happy as was my teenage son. Rooms were great (3rd floor), beds comfortable, very clean and tidy, heating more than adequate (to good) and the bathroom had a bath (a Godsend after skiing all day).
Free wireless Internet. Good buffet breakfast. Front desk spoke English well and were very helpful. Ski storage with heated boot racks. Skibus to all the resorts stops at the front door, to and from. Great base for skiing and on the rest day is very easy to get to all areas of the town, on foot or by buses and trams.
Only negative was the restaurant was $$$$$, but so is most of Innsbruck.
I would have no hesitation returning there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked the hotel through aircanada.com . When I arrived, the front desk told me that my rate did not include breakfast. It was a surprise because the brochure clearly stated the breakfast included. I tried not to argue because I was tried of hotel breakfast anyway. When I enter the room, a heat wave hit me. The room was so hot and there was no air-conditioning. The travel brochure stated otherwise. I asked for a fan. They gave me a 4 inch diameter one.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maketea
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Neue Post August 14 - 15, 2009. I arrived by train from Lucerne, Switzerland. The hotel is situated fairly close to the bahnhof (train station) which was good, but it was a bit far from the historic district and the river. I would have preferred to stay closer to those areas.

My room was large, largest I had during my whole two week trip. But, the carpet in the room looked like it had never been cleaned (dirt, black stuff in edges where the floor met the wall). The bathroom was very, very dark as far as lighting is concerned and the shower door felt like it was going to break off. Overall the bathroom looked pretty dirty too. I'm somewhat of a clean-freak, so I would not stay there again.

The desk clerk was nice but kind of difficult to understand her English (my German is lacking at best - though I always try to make an effort to learn at least some of the country's language).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank claydemler
Reviewed May 4, 2010

While this hotel is within walking distance of the old section of Innsbruck, its location is not conducive to having a great holiday. The room was extremely small, the hotel itself was old. Having stayed in other 4 star hotels in Vienna and Salzburg, this would rate about 2 stars against them. The breakfast was appaling. Reception staff were very helpful. The room was clean.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple