Hotel Neue Post
Alphotel Tirol(Innsbruck)
Central Hotel(Innsbruck)
Hotel Zach(Innsbruck)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsart nouveaustay there againbreakfast choicesclose to the city centeron footan easy walkbasic hotelnice roomclean roomstrain stationtubchristmas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Find some of the other negative posts puzzling. We were here for a week and I was very happy as was my teenage son. Rooms were great (3rd floor), beds comfortable, very clean and tidy, heating more than adequate (to good) and the bathroom had a bath (a Godsend after skiing all day).
Free wireless Internet. Good buffet breakfast. Front desk spoke English well and were very helpful. Ski storage with heated boot racks. Skibus to all the resorts stops at the front door, to and from. Great base for skiing and on the rest day is very easy to get to all areas of the town, on foot or by buses and trams.
Only negative was the restaurant was $$$$$, but so is most of Innsbruck.
I would have no hesitation returning there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I booked the hotel through aircanada.com . When I arrived, the front desk told me that my rate did not include breakfast. It was a surprise because the brochure clearly stated the breakfast included. I tried not to argue because I was tried of hotel breakfast anyway. When I enter the room, a heat wave hit me. The room was so hot and there was no air-conditioning. The travel brochure stated otherwise. I asked for a fan. They gave me a 4 inch diameter one.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maketea
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I stayed at the Best Western Neue Post August 14 - 15, 2009. I arrived by train from Lucerne, Switzerland. The hotel is situated fairly close to the bahnhof (train station) which was good, but it was a bit far from the historic district and the river. I would have preferred to stay closer to those areas.

My room was large, largest I had during my whole two week trip. But, the carpet in the room looked like it had never been cleaned (dirt, black stuff in edges where the floor met the wall). The bathroom was very, very dark as far as lighting is concerned and the shower door felt like it was going to break off. Overall the bathroom looked pretty dirty too. I'm somewhat of a clean-freak, so I would not stay there again.

The desk clerk was nice but kind of difficult to understand her English (my German is lacking at best - though I always try to make an effort to learn at least some of the country's language).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank claydemler
Reviewed May 4, 2010

While this hotel is within walking distance of the old section of Innsbruck, its location is not conducive to having a great holiday. The room was extremely small, the hotel itself was old. Having stayed in other 4 star hotels in Vienna and Salzburg, this would rate about 2 stars against them. The breakfast was appaling. Reception staff were very helpful. The room was clean.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheepgalore
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Booked online directly from the hotel’s official website. Booked their ski package (half-board package including ski pass); the package did not specify the no. of meals/ days of ski pass included so I emailed the hotel and asked. The hotel replied by email to confirm that the package included a 6-day ski pass.

After checking in, the staff said the package only included a 4-day ski pass and asked us to pay the price difference if we wanted to get a 6-day ski pass. We told the staff that it was our understanding that the package included a 6-day pass. The hotel staff argued with us as if we were telling lies and tried to cheat them for a 6-day pass. The hotel had free wi-fi so we were able to obtain a copy of the email. We then showed them the email, and the staff of the hotel said he would ‘apologize’ to us but still we have to pay their quoted price for a 6-day pass. The hotel staff admitted that their online booking system had errors, and another mistake was that they replied by email to confirm that the package included a 6-day pass. Therefore, they made an apology (appeared to me to be a lip service only and not sincere at all), and said they have already remedied their two mistakes by the apology and so we have to pay the price they now quote.

In the end, there was nothing we could do but pay what they asked for. The argument with the staff really disturbed me and I regard that as a very unpleasant experience. I felt that I was unlucky and it was not necessary to go through all these in my holiday- they made me go through all these because of the 2 mistakes they made!

Okay, apart from the above, my room was nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was nice although the half-board dinner was so-so (but ok already having in mind of its price). It was also nice that the hotel offered free wi-fi through out our stay. The location was good (10 mins walk to city centre).

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple