“Comfortable”

Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed September 3, 2013

hotel is very comfortable and modern..facilities are very good...
the only thing is staff was bit confused..actually there were chinese and indian groups in the hotel as well and staff person asked us to do breakfast with the group although we were individuals(me and my wife)..and first day we did breakfast with the group and we couldn't understand what is the reason behind..so it means they were not able to classify well between the people who belong to tour group and who are individuals..due to this lack of management we had breakfast in very chaotic manner with group people and of course for individuals and groups arrangement of breakfast was different..
rest was great... :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed here on a eoriope bus tour..

A late evening arrival had us checked in quickly our room was well equipped and clean
We can't comment on the evening meal as we opted to walk a little way to a nearby Chinese buffet which was a great deal by the way
Our breakfast was the usual fare but it could have been a bit warmer
Plent to eat just could have been a bit warmer

That said. We would stay again

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We took the Innsbruck 4D/3N package from the tourism office and this hotel was on the list of hotels to select from. The package was good as it came with accommodation, Innsbruck 72hr card plus free guides for mountain hiking. With the Innsbruck card, we get unlimited rides on public transportation as well as one time two-way ride on the cable cars.

The room is quite big and the bed is comfortable. The best part of staying here is breakfast as the dining area is on the rooftop so we had a nice view of the mountains every morning. There's good selection in terms of choices. The hotel also has a sauna and fitness centre, which are well facilitated.

The hotel distance is a bit far from the old town; to walk it takes about 20-30 minutes. We depended on the bus - the bus stop is less than 5 minutes walk away from the hotel. On the first day we arrived, it was past 9pm and after check-in, we went to the restaurant downstairs for dinner. There was only 1 waiter on duty and there was a number of diners so it took a while for him to come and take our orders. It also took some time for the food to arrive; almost half an hour but fortunately food tasted good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First let me start with the positives. The staff was good, even though we were given the wrong pass code to the internet services. Then when we said something about it, they sorta just blew it off as if it was our fault that we couldn't connect to the internet. Just a misunderstanding! No problem. The breakfast was good. The bar/grille was good. The location was good. The view was wonderful. The negatives were the cleaning of our rooms. There was hair all over the bathroom. A paper wrapper and a dead fly laid on the floor our entire stay. After seeing this, I just didn't feel the room was being cleaned properly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JustTripping
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Easily one of the most impressive looking hotel buildings (exterior) I have stayed in. The Ramada does the job, overlooking the Olympiahalle (the Winter Olympics were held here in the past), it has magnificent views of the Alps as you would expect being situated in Innsbruck.

Rooms are good, clean, large enough and features everything you may need, including free Wi-Fi. The breakfast is taken on a high floor, with those superb view of the Alps once again. Choice is good, not overly amazing, but good enough.

Staff were fine, some members were not that fluent with English (particularly in the bar). I can recall one night that I wanted a wheat beer (weissbier) and my attempts in German, English (and even French - just for fun) were in vain, at least I managed to get a normal Stiegl beer in the end! No massive problem, but maybe the old method of pointing to the item in the menu would work better.

The property is about 20 mins walk from Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof, there are buses, but do your research before staying here. There are a number of buses, both local Innsbruck transport and regional buses which stop here (same ticketing system applies). At night time, the buses are understandably not so frequent, so it's a walk or a taxi.

I would consider staying here again if I went to Innsbruck again. Worth four stars in the review, something missing why I can not give it five stars - there are no obvious problems, but still four stars is a good rating.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

It's a good hotel, worth the price, but it's not that cheap. Good beds, good bathroom, good breakfast. Easy access by car, but the location isn't the best if you're going to Innsbruck for the landscape (and you should, because the city landscape is wonderful). So, take care on which room you choose, because you can have a beautiful landscape at your window or not...

Room Tip: take care with the view, or you'll miss the landscape
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank woliveirajr
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in the Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli hotel as part of our tour package. At first I wasn't too keen on the idea - an American hotel a little on the outskirts of the old town. All my fears melted away when we saw our room - it was wonderful!
By some chance of luck, my daughter and I were assigned to a small suite - a bedroom with a separate sitting room! What a welcome relief after having spent over a week together in small European "double" rooms where we were practically sleeping in the same bed! Needless to say, I took the bedroom and she took the hideaway bed in the sitting room and all was right in the world!
The room was very quiet even thought it faced the street - double glazed windows that could open either as a window or a French door of sorts! The hotel is right across from one of the Olympic venues created for the winter Olympics and has wonderful access to public transportations or taxis if you wish to return to the town after a heavy day of sightseeing! After unpacking, I went to meet a friend in the bar and my daughter went to the upstairs workout area. The bar was very nice with plenty of seating and an adorable bartender who was very pleasant and friendly. After her workout my daughter joined us and regaled us with stories about how wonderful the work out area was - there was a steamroom and deck chairs that overlooked the alps etc.. she ordered a salad in the bar and not only was it piled high with fresh vegetables but it tasted delicious as well!
Back in our room for the evening, we enjoyed the spacious and well equipped bathroom - to have a full sized shower and double sinks was a nice mid trip respite for two adult woman to share!
The best part of the stay were two moments - the first one happened in the evening - my daughter called to me to come to look out her window - we could seek the dark outline of the alps and surprisingly there were a few flashing lights way up on top - we wondered how they got them up there! The second occurred the next morning when my daughter again called me to the window - this time it was to see a beautiful view of the alps in the morning sunshine complete with snow capped peaks! When we had gotten in the day before it as slightly overcast so we didn't see the soaring peaks! At breakfast which was also on a top floor - we enjoyed taking pictures on the wonderful outside terrace - what views and amazing backdrops!
Innsbruck itself we found charming - if there is a fair anywhere - go and grab a wurst sandwich - ! We stumbled on a small fair waiting for the bus to take us to the hotel and had the best wurst I have ever eaten from a food truck! The vendor was adorable and tried to explain what type it was in broken English but it didn't matter - it was so good - hot from the grill, served with a fresh French style bun and hot mustard! There is also a nice upscale grocery store near the river that has pretty much everything you could ever want for a picnic lunch in your room - ! I hope to return to Innsbruck again one day and when I do, I will definitely stay at the Ramada Tivoli to ensure a good night's sleep and comfortable stay!

Room Tip: Be sure to check out the top floor terrace for great photo ops - ! Also, the suite we had was very...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Innsbruck
Hilton Innsbruck
1 mi away
Hotel Maximilian
Hotel Maximilian
#1 of 72 in Innsbruck

Been to Ramada Innsbruck Tivoli? Share your experiences!