“Great hotel in a picturesque town”
Review of Grand Hotel Europa

Grand Hotel Europa
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Innsbruck
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Innsbruck is a great find in the middle of the mountains (and this is written by a Swiss person who owns a cabin in the Swiss mountains). We probably prefer the city in summer, as it feels less touristy and the old town offers amazing opportunities to eat and drink outside. The hotel is opposite the railway station, so great for travellers by train, but also has a deal with the railway station's parking garage, so you can park your car for a fee there. Rooms were average, but the breakfast is definitely worth having, not only for the food, but also for the setting and the service, we felt very comfortable during our stay and enjoyed the amenities. The hotel is definitely on the expensive side, which is why we deducted one star, but otherwise very pleasant

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and the time you took to share your impression on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Europa.

I am delighted to read that you have appreciated the hotel location and the service provided by our team.

Thanking you once again for having taken the time to recommend us to others, my whole team and I look forward to welcome you back at the Grand Hotel Europa the next time your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Yous sincerely,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Grand Europa for two nights and from the time we walked in the door the staff made us most welcome and were extremely helpful and friendly. Our room was a good size and the bathroom had a shower as opposed to one over the bath which is most unusual in most hotels. Air conditioning and electronic controlled lights and drapes were good th have in the warm conditions.

The breakfast was very nice and the staff anxious to make sure that you had everything you wanted.

The hotel is directly across from the main railway station and as we were travelling by train it was most convenient. The location was not an issue as it was not very from from any of the local attractions, shopping and the old town.

Overall we enjoyed ourmstaymand would stay again on any future visits to Innsbruck.

Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear your kind words and thank you for your lovely review. It makes me extremly proud to learn that you found the service excellent and that the staff was friendly, as these are my top priorities.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Conveniently located across from the train station (in fact, connected by an underground tunnel) this is a great hotel if you are arriving/departing by train. It is a modern business-like hotel (so not the place if you are looking for historic charm) that is perfect for a comfortable stay. And the front desk staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful; they helped make this a very enjoyable and productive stay, combining some work with a little sightseeing. Thanks again from the "guys from Georgia."

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your kind review.

I am glad that you loved the location and the services provided by our team.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Europa on the next occasion your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Roman Ray Stráub

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great quality hotel and rooms well appointed. If you are staying more than three days make sure you reuse your ticket and pay when leaving (staff forgot to tell us this and we got charged two single days instead of 3 days the $20). Good location and within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your accomodation and the service provided. I would really appreciate if you could get in touch with me and help me understand what the issue has been with the garage. We want our services to be entierly satisfying for our Guests, and comments are greately appreciated when they can help us work toward excellence.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Hotel Europa the next time your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

If it wasn't for Roman the General Manager and his Maître d'hôtel (Maitre d) this would have been just another piece of real estate.... but... it isn’t! The team these two gentlemen have built and groomed pay particular attention to the details which differentiates the Grand from the bland.

Dining is refined and the service is impeccable.

This hotel is beyond reproach.

As a great Austrian once said... “ I’ll be back”

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mikeMontreal_Quebec

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear your kind words and thank you for your lovely review.

It is with immense pleasure that I hear that you found everything about the Grand Hotel Europa amazing.

I will be sure to share your lovely words with all my wonderful team and I sincerely hope to have you again soon as our Guest.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at this hotel, the rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable and the staff are efficient and friendly. The location of the hotel is excellent with only a ten minute walk to the centre. We had a one meal in the restaurant which was good but very expensive. I agree with other reviewers that breakfast is well presented but the overall quality, particularly of the cooked items, prevents me from awarding a five star rating. Finally, I have to mention the star feature of this hotel, the general manager! Roman is key to the hotel's high ratings, he takes a personal interest in his guests and goes out of his way to make sure you get the most out of your visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and the time you took to share your impression regrading your recent stay at the Grand Hotel Europa in Innsbruck on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the services provided by our team.

Your constructive and helpful criticism regarding the quality of the cooked breakfast has been duly noted. Your opinion is very important for us as we have set ourselves demanding standards and our main aim is to fulfil every wish of our guests and provide them with the best possible service.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Grand Gotel Europa on the next occasion your travel plans include Innsbruck.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the Grand Hotel Europa in Innsbruck. The staff was very responsive and helpful in planning our outdoor activities while in Innsbruck. The location was well situated to the shopping /restaurant areas and an easy walk from the hotel. The underground walkway that connected the hotel to the train station was very convenient and a big plus for families such as ourselves arriving to Innsbruck by train. The GM Roman was very visible in the lobby as he personally greeted and chatted with the hotel guests. His delightful manner instantly energized even the weariest of travelers into his hotel. Customer Service has always been an important part of our hotel experience and a deciding factor on whether we make a repeat visit or not. Roman and his staff are well versed in this area. They make it a pointe to make your stay a personal one rather than an indifferent one. We will make another visit to enjoy Innsbruck and the hospitality of the staff at the Grand Hotel Europa.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Grand Hotel E, Geschäftsführer at Grand Hotel Europa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

it is with immense pleasure that I read your review and I thank you for taking the time to write it.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to experience first-hand how the staff at the Grand Hotel Europa is happy to go the extra mile in order to offer our Guests an unforgottable stay. At the Grand Hotel Europa we are all dedicated to not just offer excellence, but above all the unexpected. I will make sure to share your kind words with all the team.