“Naan bread is delicious”

Himal Nepal Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 460 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Like many restaurant in Innsbruck, Himal open at the midday for lunch, then close and open again at 6 pm in the afternoon for dinner. If its possible, making reservation is better. Because dinner time is always full of people, sometimes you have to queue. The food is incredible, delicious and it comes with naan bread as a compliment. I came here with my friend, we order two type of food and surprisingly it comes with big portion, maybe enough for four people. The location is strategic, near the university and also old town Innsbruck.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Himal is fast becoming a local favorite as evidenced by the fast that they are expanding. The food is great and the service is quick and friendly. The owner is always on hand and takes the time to chat with customers (but nicely, only if they approach him).

I am amazed someone suggested it isn't warm. The staff are wonderful and there is a room in the back with large tables and lots of pillows where you sit on the floor, lounge, relax and chat with friends over delicious food. What could be warmer than that?

1  Thank wonkatravelbar
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The food was reasonable here, if from a fairly limited menu.

The waiter was helpful in helping us choose our dishes, and brought me extra chillis when he realised the kitchen hadn't spiced mine up as requested. The promised garlic naan (not on the menu) arrived as plain naan - I think the waiter had asked for it, but the kitchen wouldn't or didn't make it.

It's more café-like in decor than a restaurant - it's neither cosy nor intimate.

2  Thank Warhead
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Came here with friend and we order two different dish. We love the bread because its delicious. We have to struggle to finished all the food in the table because one menu is in the big portion. The price is affordable and the taste are excellent. Came here 5 minute before 6 pm or you will not get the seat (unless you are lucky), because at that time most of the table are already reserved.

2  Thank Ailurophil3
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My dish was too salty to eat (the lamb coconut curry) and I LOVE salt, but this was beyond edible. I love Indian food and this place was no where close to good in comparison. (I am a horrible cook and usually NEVER complain, seriously, but I couldn't eat hardly any of it).... I tried just using the naan to cut the salt but it didn't help. I will tell you that on a Sunday night, the place was packed, if you didn't have a reservation, you were out of luck.... maybe he (the cook) just accidently dropped the salt shaker in the lamb curry : (

1  Thank MelPjoy