“Italy in Austria is a stretch”

Ristorante Pizzeria Sapori
Ranked #73 of 482 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Having just arrived from Italy, eating pizza in Austria was just not the thing...food was good, but not on a par with Italy

3  Thank WWH47

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Couldn't get in here on first attempt as it was booked up, which tells its own story. Made a reservation for the next night and didn't regret it. Classy italian food; attentive service; comfortable, well decorated interior. Seems to appeal to locals as well as tourists : a bit out of the old town, but easy to reach on foot.Would have gone back the next night too but we were leaving!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Paul Bocuse is more humble than these guys - what an attitude. Prior good reviews must have bloated their egos - a very arrogant joint never to be visited again - unless, of course, you like to feel like an imposition rather than a guest...

3  Thank MaxSchwaz
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I have been to Sapori a number of times and can definitely recommend it. One of the advantages of Innsbruck being so close to Italy is a good selection of Italian restaurants and this is the best in town. The specials and puddings are great and the wines by the glass are lovely too.

It's quite expensive, but you will normally need to book, even at lunchtime, so they must be doing something right!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I was visiting Innsbruck for work and had my last night free. I easily walked here from my hotel on a Saturday night without a reservation. I went early and they were able to seat me immediately. The young staff was warm and friendly, the atmosphere already lively. I ordered a salad and one of the special pastas of the evening (a pasta di mare). It was very good, very authentic Northern Italian pasta. Fresh and delicious. The salad was great too. I was alone so I didn't try the pizza, but it looked fantastic and they did a lot of take-out business while I sat there. The desserts for the evening were written on a chalkboard, but I didn't have any room left! Very reasonable prices too. I'd go back in a second-- much better Italian than I can get anywhere near home.

1  Thank picklebird