“Check the avalanche reports & closed roads!”

Patscherkofelbahnen
Book In Advance
More Info
$129.30*
and up
Innsbruck Combo: Innsbruck Card, Traditional Café...
Ranked #5 of 108 things to do in Innsbruck
More attraction details
Owner description: The Patscherkofel has always played a big part in sports history: Olympic Winter Games in 1964 and 1976 with the legendary race of Franz Klammer, in the season 1998/99 the greatest team success in the history of the world cup with 9 racers of the ÖSV Super G team in the lead. The winner was Hermann Maier. In 2003 Michaela Dorfmeister won the wom-en’s downhill race, the two Super G races were won by Renate Götschl and Brigitte Obermoser.Ski along the tracks of the stars via the Olympic Run and enjoy the wide Family Run. The Patscherkofel offers slopes for all levels of ability and also an out-standing view over Innsbruck, the Stubai Valley, the Wipp Valley and Inn valley. The numerous moun-tains higher than 3.000 m will make a lasting im-pression on you
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Beauty as far as the eye can see no doubt and the Innsbruck itself us not only charming but soaked in history. We ski there often but if you are going to do so make sure you check the avalanche reports as usually there is only one road in and one road out to each mountain. If an avalanche occurs it can ruin your Ski Day by closing off the roads or best case making you decide on another mountain vs your first choice. We had this unfortunate event happen to us and if we had just checked prior we would have had 2x's as many runs in that day by starting at the reachable ski mountain vs the one with a closed road. Once you do get to the top you will see why so many people keep returning to the Austrian alps as they are truly spectacular.

All reviews
"public transport"
"igls"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Visiting Patscherkofel in January means that you have to wear the real winter apparel because its really cold and windy up there. I am not here for skiing though, because i cannot. Just wandern auround with friends, taking pictures, enjoy the snow and admire the winter beauty. You can take bus J (direction Patscherkofel) from city center up to the last station in the south. Be careful because the other bus J is going up to the northen side where Hungerburg/Nordkette located.

1  Thank Ailurophil3
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Efficient though you change at the mid station - 2 boarders stayed on and went back down!

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had a lovely time skiing in Patscherkofel but encountered one shockingly rude member of staff there. I asked for directions and okay, my German isn't great but I am trying my best. Instead, he barked at me in German without making any effort to slow down and explain it clearly to me. Like look, I am clearly a tourist visiting this place and this is your attitude? When I tried asking again in English, he just went "NAAA!" and made a gesture to ask me to go away, get lost. It was unreal how freaking rude he was. I was speechless, so I went round the corner not 20 metres and asked another member of staff for directions and this guy couldn't be more polite and spoke perfect English. And I was like, oh okay, so you have some nice people working here and one terribly rude idiot working at the ski lift station. Isn't it amazing how all it takes is one rude, nasty idiot to spoil your day? Well I refuse to let him, I told myself that he probably has a lot of personal issues and is a deeply unhappy soul and probably hates himself.

1  Thank GymnastAlex