“Great Greek Eats in Innsbruck”
Review of Akropolis

Akropolis
Ranked #22 of 460 Restaurants in Innsbruck
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The decor was a bit kitsch but the food was wonderful. I perhaps shouldn't have ordered a goats cheese-based soup with spanikopita (near-goat cheese overload!) but it was a perfect dinner for the cool summer evening in Innsbruck with my boyfriend's parents. I recommend you try this restaurant if you're craving some great Greek food!

1  Thank Elaine H

Reviewed March 28, 2013

The wait for food at this restaurant is a little long. With that being said...the Dolmathakia's served here are the best I have tasted anywhere...and I been to Greece!! The other food is okay about average for a Greek restaurant. The overall atmosphere is awesome. You forget you are even in Austria until you occasionally peek outside. I have to admit the service is slow due to the massive amount of tour guide cattling everyone into this place. Well worth the visit after eating pork sausages and fried pork products at every other restaurant (definitely a welcome break from Schnitzel, potatoes, and beer at every other restaurant). I would definitely go back...but maybe during the less crowded tourist season.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Every Greek restaurant is certainly compared with the best Attican or Cretan taverns. This one is perfect. Maybe it was the case of fortune, but we spend the evening with excellent food in a very cosy atmosphere. There was tasteful meat (esp. Lamb), seafood, and even vegetables. The plates finally were quite clean. And the bill was also the positive surprise. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was a real suprise for us to go in a austrian city and eat such a great greek food. It reminded us the old times when we went to greece and ate fresh fish. The service was really perfect. The food was well cooked and tasty. We recommended to our friends and we all are gonna visit them again in a few weeks.

1  Thank mike b
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch I here and felt the meal to be excellent value for money, well cooked and very tasty. I had moussaka which was a reasonable sized portion for €6.80, and my husband had a decent helping of kalamari and fish with potato for the same price. We had a glass of wine each, €20.40 in total. The staff were pleasant and the service efficient. There were locals as well as tourists here, always a good sign. Another big plus - it is just out of the old town so we didn't have the tourist rip-off.