“Recommendable!”

Cuisines: Austrian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went to this restaurant to get the local speciality "Kässpätzle" that we had already known from other places in Vienna. The service was really good, the waitresses were nice and we were positively surprised when our food arrived 5 minutes after we ordered it. Considering the dish is fairly popular in Tirol, we expected it to be the best we have ever had, which was not the case. It was still good and the prices were appropriate. After the main dish we had some really good dessert!

1  Thank Ad A
Write a ReviewReviews (2,442)

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Old, but excellently renovated basement gives a distinctive atmosphere. It is located at the heart of old city. I was satisfied with the service: friendly and fast. The menu has a great variety and the food was very good. For garlic lovers: the garlic soup is sooo strong. Be sure your partner order it, too!

1  Thank Civetfan
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Once again I will give a high review of this establishment. Upon entering I was cheerfully greeted and made welcome. I found a seat at the bar and was promptly served. You can smoke at bars in Austria and I took advantage of this to thaw out from the 30 degree temperature and 20 mph wind outside with a cigarette or two and a couple of beers. Although I did not dine there that day, I asked to look at a menu and found most dishes to be reasonably priced...except for the baked potatoes. As is the case here in Honolulu, the price charged for ONE baked potato is equal to a five pound bag of potatoes at the store. WHY?? I don't know. Aside from that, this is a friendly, enjoyable place to stop and recharge your batteries.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

on the train back from skiing in italy to spend a last night in innsbruck my wife asked what i wanted to eat, having not had sausage and sauerkraut this is what i wanted, having no idea where to eat we just wandered into town to take pot luck, found this place, menu was ideal, walked in and found a spacious hall with a great atmosphere, had a stein of beer, sausage, sauerkraut and fries my wife had hunters stew, food was fine, service was great, probably a bit of a tourist place but we were tourists and had a great time, not the height of culinary excellence perhaps but all in all just perfect for that particular evening.

1  Thank postiemark
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on a recommendation from a local and were not disappointed. He recommended a dish, I cannot recall the name in Getman, but it was number 835 on the menu. It was pork with an beer sauce, and it was amazing.

Service was a bit slow, but overall we enjoyed the restaurant and would go back.

1  Thank emdaves