“Look after your items”

LUXE Chinese Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #82 of 431 Restaurants in Langley
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We booked a table for 9 on Thursday August 22nd of 2013.
When we arrived at 6pm we were seated at the large table near the window. Throughout the time we were there, there was only 1 or 2 other small groups in the restaurant.
We left the restaurant a little after 8pm and the place was empty already.
It wasn't until the following day, after we returned to Richmond, did we realize that we left our Samsung Galaxy Tablet 3 at Luxe.
The Samsung Tablet was rewarded to my son a few day ago for his efforts in his studies and clubs.
He, unfortunately, left it on the table when we left.
When we called the restaurant about the lost item we were met with an uninterested and rude tone.
The manager said it has been too long and that he would have checked if we called on the day. He told us straight up that the tablet was gone.
When visiting this restaurant remember to keep your possessions with you.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My neighbour took me here for a dim sum feast. I was worried as I am doing gluten free now. The servers were great! Understanding! And I never stopped eating. Fresh veggies and tofu and seafood. Will return soon. Because of all the rice my sugars were a bit high but do-able. Walk after and can be diabetic heaven as well. Thank you and no language barriers here.

2  Thank canadian-moo
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Maybe it's what we ordered- we were w/ other people and they ordered for the table and they got fancy things like crab and shrimp (they bring it out live for your approval b/f taking them back to the kitchen). I'm not a big fan of crab b/c it's just too much work so maybe if you're a big fan of crab, one would have liked it better. The Peking duck was very good and beef in lettuce wrap was enjoyed by all. The fried rice was excellent. The chicken w/ lemon sauce had a thick layer of batter which was greasy and the Hunan Chicken was left to go cold. I hear the dim sum is excellent but it's only served at lunch.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times within years with my family. I recently went for my work Xmas party and the food was amazing. Nothing really changed and I think they should work on that cuz the restaurant looks old. Even the menus look like they were about the fall apart. I thought the drinks were quite overpriced and not well made though. $8 for a screwdriver in a tiny cup? Normally it wouldn't even go that high for a club or bar. Service was poor. Everyone looked angry and they usually are friendly only if you are Chinese and can speak it.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Luxe is a Chinese restaurant in a strip mall across from Willowbrook Mall, on the Surrey/Langley border. We only go for dim sum, so I cannot say what their regular dishes are like.

It's important to get there before noon if you want a table without have to wait. We usually arrive by 11:30 on Fridays and have no issues. We notice a line-up forming by noon once the lunch time crowd starts to arrive.

They bring around carts and they carry trays. You can also order off the menu.

Highlights include sticky rice, shrimp spring rolls, and Sui mai (pork dumplings).

The shrimp dumplings aren’t as good as I’ve had in Vancouver or Richmond, although they are certainly large. They are mainly shrimp pieces pressed into a massive ball shape. There is also an over-emphasis on variations of shrimp dumplings – basic, topped with a scallop, mixed with prawn, mixed with corn kernels, mixed with pea shoots, etc. I joked to my husband that, if we weren’t careful, we would end up having just shrimp balls for lunch.

Dim sum for two people comes to about $40 total (7 dishes).

The problem is there is no competition in Langley. Still, sometimes we have a craving for dim sum, and we just don’t want to drive all the way into Richmond or Vancouver for it. Then we go to Luxe for our dim sum fix, and it hits the spot.

1  Thank Rimrunner