Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$266
View deal
Expedia.com$281
Hotels.com$281
Priceline$280
eDreams$266
Travelocity$281
Orbitz.com$281
All reviews art hotel rubber duck stone steps perfect location old town historic building front desk staff over christmas large room breakfast buffet is getreidegasse city festspielhaus birthplace furnishings cheese corridor
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for two nights in late May and used Blauegans as a homebase. It turned out to be even better located than we expected, and the room was spacious, tastefully decorated, and very cozy. The highlight, however, was Dietmar, the representative at the front desk. He made us reservations both nights at the BEST restaurants. His personal attention really made our trip special.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcleanmcgarry
ArthotelBlaueGans, Marketing Assistant at arthotel Blaue Gans, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2019

Dear mcleanmcgarry,
we are rellay happy that you had a wonderful time in our hotel and enjoyed your stay in one of your cozy and tastefully decorated rooms.
We are looking forward to welcome you again soon.
Best regards from Salzburg,

Reviewed May 21, 2019

This small, boutique hotel, is located at the edge of the old town Salzburg and offers comfortable, well-designed rooms, a wonderful restaurant (both breakfast buffet and dinner were excellent), and a very helpful and accommodating staff. There are works of art displayed throughout the common areas, many of which display a sense of humor (an automated rabbit that dances to Santana's Black Magic Woman, for example). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily book again.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank frogsleap18
ArthotelBlaueGans, Leiter Front Office at arthotel Blaue Gans, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2019

Dear frogsleap18,

Thank you very much for your lovely Feedback. We would be happy to welcoming you again during your Next stay in our hotel and in our restaurant.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

We had a terrific stay here. We were a large group but found the staff very accommodating. From check in to check out, every member of staff was friendly and helpful. Particular high lights were the modern and well maintained rooms, the various pieces of art work around the hotel and the location. Highly recommended!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear NeilsNYC,
thank you very much for your kind feedback.
We hope to see us again soon in our hotel.
Best regards,

Marketing Assistant

Reviewed March 20, 2019

This small hotel offers it all. The proximity to the historic downtown makes it the perfect spot to call home. The guest services are welcoming and very accommodating. Parking was easy and close. Added plus is the wonderful restaurant in the hotel where locals come to eat and enjoy the atmosphere.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank bonmec
ArthotelBlaueGans, Marketing Assistant at arthotel Blaue Gans, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2019

Hello bonmec,
we also enjoyed your stay in our hotel & restaurant! Thank you for your kind Feedback!
We hope to welcome you again soon!
Best regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2019

My last trip to Salzburg I ate in the hotel restaurant and was so impressed I decided to book a room. This time I had two rooms for two nights.
The booking process was a bit complicated as I was booking from New Zealand. This was easily sorted with a phone call. The arrival is a bit of a drama as there is a lot of construction in the area. There is a spot to park and unload, but it can be difficult to see and get to; be sure to study a map before arrival. The hotel offers to take your car to the garage, and luggage to the room. There was a disconnect and my luggage was left in the car. Once I informed the front desk this was cleared up quickly. When my second car arrived it was late, and the person who parked cars was gone for the day. This meant self parking and we found that the garage is a maze of a whole different level. After quite a hike we did manage to get back to the hotel.
Although I had booked dinner for two nights, the restaurant is shut on Sundays. The staff did direct me to another restaurant, but the confusion caused a momentary horror.
I had two rooms. One room was standard and on the main street where the construction was a bother in the morning. The second was a suite facing the courtyard which afforded a great sleep and had one of the largest showers I have seen in Europe. I suspect 10 people could fit in.
Each morning we had coffee in the room and then went down to breakfast which was grand. The staff is a bit sparse, but they are very willing. There is no redundancy so if there is a line you wait. This is fairly typical in boutique hotels. Despite the small quirks I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Salzburg.

Room tip: facing the courtyard for quiet
Date of stay: February 2019