This hotel couldn't be located better...right in the heart of the old town it is close to Mozarts birthplace, the fortress and everything you can think of. The hotel is also 2 minute walk to M32 by elevator for a dinner with view of salzburg city (highly recommended).
We stayed in the cityflat which is a very spacious suite, however I am undecided whether I like it or not...the interiors are slightly awkward, there are beautiful old features for doors and windows but the new elements and the artwork doesn't fit together well. It didn't feel very welcoming but it stays true to an art hotel.
The suite wasn't very functional. There is a couch in a separate room but it faces the luggage racks and wardrobe rather than a tv. It made this area useless. The bathroom has a shower head in bathtub, but it is tucked away in a corner and for a comfortable shower it means the bathroom floor gets quite wet. There are also quite a few steps between rooms within the suite, and to get to the suite from the elevator. Assistance with luggage is definitely required.
There is also noise from footsteps and furniture movements from the floor above and the streets.
I think the parts I didn't like about the hotel is more down to personal taste. The location and the price point for this type of quality is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art.The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Art Hotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg