Yes, this hotel was pushing the upper end of my budget – but it was worth it. If you’re staying in Salzburg this hotel is perfect. Don’t hesitate, book, I loved it. I was traveling alone, and the staff were fantastic; really approachable, friendly and welcoming.
The location has to be one of the best aspects of this hotel. Right in the centre of the old part of the city and within easy walking distance of all the sights. Walk out of the hotel and you’ll be on one of the main shopping streets (but from my room I never heard any street noise).
The hotel is quirky, which I really liked, lots of different art to look at. The rooms were spacious, clean and bright. Simply decorated, with comfy beds, and all the needed amenities were there. I had a room with an internal view of the building, but this didn’t worry me at all. I’m sure any rooms with a street view would be lovely though.
The breakfast was great, lots of choice, and they made a nice coffee. I also had dinner in the restaurant one night, and I was surprised with how amazing it was (ended up being one of my favourite meals while travelling through Austria). I had all the vegetarian choices, and they were delicious. The restaurant was full of locals (always a good sign), and there was a really friendly buzz in the room. The cellar bar is also quite cool.
If I’m ever in Salzburg again I wouldn’t hesitate for one moment to stay here. It’s great!
* I got to the hotel on the public bus line from Salzburg station which was very easy (and cheap). The bus stop to get off is right outside the hotel (at the horse fountain) - too easy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art. The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your arthotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg