My stay in Salzburg was short, and I had the pleasure of Blaue Gans for only 1 night. That said, this is a great little hotel. Its a boutique hotel that was obviously modified from an older hotel. In fact, the hotel is centuries old (I'm told), so it has undergone dozens of remodelings. The rooms are quite nice. Kind of 'kitschy' but I happily did not feel that i was sleeping in an art museum. The gem, however, is the little vaulted restaurant, where they serve breakfast. Historic, this area is one of the oldest continually operating Gasthofs in Salzburg. The staff I spoke with (1 at front desk, 1 at the restaurant, and 1 that might have been the owner - I'm not sure) were absolutely delightful. I can't speak to other options in the area, but you won't be disappointed with this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blaue Gans, whose tradition dates back 660 years, is the oldest inn in the city of salzburg. It boasts a prime location opposite the festival hall and in the heart of the historic centre, which has been declared a world cultural heritage site, and is only a short walk from mozart's birthplace.We have carefully combined the historic walls of this inn, which is steeped in tradition, with a modern design and contemporary art. The result is a place that exudes a natural feel, a venue for people who like to pursue their own way. we are pleased to accompany you along a part of this way.artHOTEL: more than just a Designhotel, synonymous with the personal freedom for an individual lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your arthotel Blaue Gans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Salzburg
- Arthotel Blaue Gans Hotel Salzburg