“A childhood dream”

Book In Advance
More Info
$480.77*
and up
Private Custom Day Tour from Vienna: The Original Sound of Music Tour in...
More Info
$1,189.92*
and up
Full Day Private Original Sound of Music Tour
Ranked #2 of 44 Tours in Salzburg
More attraction details
Owner description: A bus tour of several of the sites seen in the classic film The Sound of Music.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'd wanted to do this for as long as I can remember. It was without a doubt one of the best things I've ever done in my life! When you look forward to something for as long as I have, there is always the worry that it wont live up to expectations, but this did!

It was entertaining, amusing, full of 'wow' moments and my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We took in lots of sites from the movie, more than I thought we would. We had fun on the coach, singing, trivia etc. They serve alcoholic drinks, which might explain my enthusiastic singing. I just had a great day. Thanks

1  Thank MrsMancini
Write a ReviewReviews (2,190)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

As a sound of music fan this was a great tour to see the parts of the movie filmed outside central Salzburg but if you want to see the city parts you need to do them yourselves, this includes walking up to the abbey as it says it is included but you only see a view from the road way down below. However Peter our guide was pretty informative even if sometimes it felt he was reading from a script, he did help us out when we least a phone and was good for interesting information on the film. We went in winter so got a private tour with the snow so was very pretty.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Got to see all the SOM sites. We didn't get the experience of riding in the big bus and singing. It was too full. So they upgraded us to a private tour. Our tour guide was amazing and gave us lots of tips and extra sites since we were on our own. Do this first and get the scoop on how to play the rest of your days from your guide. WELL worth it.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank samjam801
Reviewed February 3, 2013

After a long flight from Toronto, Canada we arrived in Salzburg checked into our Hotel Bristol and not even in the hotel for 5 min. was given the option for the Sound of Music Tour we said we were jet lagged and we would do the tour after a nap not realizing the tour was leaving in 10 min (the front desk informed us it was the last tour of the day ) and that the next day it would rain, so we decided to go on the Panorama tour in 10 min.. We laughed and made an extreme effort to stay awake for the 4 hour tour!! We had no regrets !! Thoroughly enjoyed the tour, wish we had gone out to the mountains to see edelweiss. Hint: the weather plays a large roll for this tour, we had a beautiful sunny afternoon and our pictures were fantastic!!! Overall an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Thanks to all prior reviewers who gave me their observations on tours and rated the good to great guides. My wife and went on January 7th, pretty nasty weather but were lucky to have Maria. I agree with all others who said she is an excellent tour guide and we felt that we enjoyed the tour as a result of her interest and level of attention. She even took pictures of many of us and dropped some of us back at the train station at the end of the scheduled tour. We did the day trip from Vienna and while it was a great ride there and back, I would have stayed at least one night in Salzburg to explore other areas of history.
BTW maria has this as a second job (she teaches) and only does the tours on a Monday. Remember to give her a tip!

Try and see the movie before you go!