“Excellent food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schloss Aigen

Schloss Aigen
Ranked #67 of 618 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Stuart, Florida
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

One of the best places to have a great meal with a fantastic atmosphere. I grew up in Salzburg and every time I come back for a visit I have dinner here.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Peter S

• Turkish first
“Lovely restaurant with friendly eficient service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went with friends after reading good reviews. Have to agree - this place is really good. Friendly welcome, advice offered re wines and food ensured we had a really good meal.

The beef tartare as a starter is one of the best I have had and whilst the Austrian speciality of boiling beef is not normally to my taste I thought I would give it another try - and it was good - I had the selection of meat (including tongue).

Overall a really pleasant evening and I would certainly return next time I am in the area.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kenny131
Paris
“Charming place and excellent cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This place, outside of Salzburg is perfect to spend a romantic time, or a nice evening with friends, on the terrace when the weather allows it. The cooking, austrian style, and elegant is perfect, choice of wines, austrian as well as international is large. You'll spend a very nice time at Schloss Aigen

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MinouMinette16
Ireland
“Just a great experience from start to finish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We three ate at this restaurant just a few days ago on a recommendation from our hotel, the Hotel Auersperg, on a trip to Salzburg. It was a great experience from start to finish. The hotel is outside the city but worth the trip, and seemed to be full of locals and returning diners. The retired gent beside us, a consultant, who enaged us in conversation at the end of the night had been there as a student, and continued to return throughout his life. We were greeted by the owner on arrival which is a nice touch and representative of the warmth of the Salzburg inhabitants, and shown to our table. The menu offered a good choice including some fish dishes, but meat and in particular beef is clearly the speciality. Our waiter was friendly and very helpful. The restaurant room is traditionally arranged in a very tasteful way. Our starters of asparagus, tortelloni and fois gras were savoured, and the tastes were superb. The waiter suggested the wine from an extensive list, and we were not disappointed. It was fantastic. The mains were perch for my wife, lamb for my mother and I chose the house speciality of beef together with rosti, soup, gravy, garlic cream and apple sauce. Dear God, I died and went to heaven. The beef was not oven cooked but broiled and it was melt in the mouth wonderful goodness. Seconds appeared without asking, and while it was a struggle (not really) I demolished them. I also alone managed to eat desert, again another local/house speciality. As we left, the other diners said goodbye, and the owner came to waive us off. We left having thoroughly enjoyed the experience and wanting to return. Eat here, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank DndG
Tel aviv
“Unique Austrian (tasty) dishes. Worth the drive for all the beef lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

Took a taxi from the hotel (near city-center) to the restaurant, located in an upscale neighborhood of Salzburg for about 15 EURO. The restaurant serves various Austrian themed dishes we have seen elsewhere in Austria but with a gourmet twist!
We had the beef broths which were great - full of flavor. Then for starters we had geleed beef cubes and beef 3 way which were unique beef dished served in an unusual way - again, full of beef flavor and aromatics. then for mains we had the house specialty- the BOILED BEEF - dont miss out on this!! first, the portions are huge, second it tastes amazing!! very clean beef flavor that has been boiled in beef broth. The meat is great quality - very tender. Very special dish that reminded me of BRISKET. The deserts were a little less impressing - had some apple - corriander and sour cream sorbet and some chocolate desert - they were OK but you expect more after such a great meal.
The service was nice - the servers are very friendly, although there were some mix ups with the dishes and also, regarding wine - no one offered any advice or offered tastings after recieving the cups.
The prices - not too high I thought... was about 100 EURO for a full meal for 2 including wine. For the gourmet dishes that came out (1 Micheling star quality at least) i think it was even cheap. Although deserts needs improving.
I give it a five just for those mains and starters so overall - for all you beef lovers - well worth the ride for a unieuq experience!

• Visited March 2013