“Great "Gasthof" in Salzburg” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Schloss Aigen

Schloss Aigen
Ranked #64 of 629 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, European, Central European, German
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Zagreb, Croatia
“Great "Gasthof" in Salzburg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

This restaurant close to Salzburg offer atmosphere of local gasthof with wooden floor, but at the same time it offers the first class service with fantastic food. We had tasting menu accompanied with Austrian wines. Everything was perfect, from additional starters, asparagus soup, blackberry sorbet in the middle, beef (specialty of the house) and finally perfect dessert. Wine recommendation by glasses was excellent. Simply, perfect dinner.

• Visited June 2012

• Turkish first
Manila
“Worthy of 2 Michelin stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Following the raves in Tripadvisor, I visited this restaurant with my family. Using a GPS navigator, it was not difficult to find. I agree with what nearly everyone says about this place so let me add a few things which may not have been mentioned:

We were told by the waitress that this restaurant was frequented by the parents of Mozart! It has plenty of history.

Going to the restaurant, we passed by Georg Von Trap Strasse. Sure enough, it turns out that the original Von Trapp estate is very near the restaurant. As a cheap thrill, we took pictures at the estate later that evening.

As I left, I shook hands with the owner and sincerely told him that the restaurant deserves 2 Michelin stars (it currently has none). The food, service and ambience are that good.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank Streetsmart88
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Salzburg restaurant not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

Schloss Aigen is a family run restaurant serving traditional food in very fine surroundings. A warm and friendly welcome precedes delicious food, perfectly prepared and presented. Local organic beef is a speciality but not to the exclusion of excellent vegetarian dishes. Herr "Scloss Aigen" recommended a wonderful Grünerveltliner wine to accompany our meal.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank AABCtravel
USA
“definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

I'm going to echo what most other reviewers posted regarding Aigen. Yes this place is a little hard to find even with GPS. We visited solely based on TA reviews and I can definitely say we were not let down.

Service was excellent despite the fact that we were dressed like tourists and the other patrons were clearly dressed way better. Aigen specializes in Austrian boiled beef and their portions were generous. Even though the prices on the main entrees were a little bit higher than the norm, the prices for their side dishes were quite reasonable (e.g. 2.60 Euros for soup).

Like another reviewer stated, the waitress is quite proud of their number 1 spot on TA. While I haven't been to that many restaurants in the Salzburg area, I will definitely be visiting this place if I ever find myself in Salzburg again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank EricWai
Vancouver
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

One of the best meals my husband and I have ever had. The chef and his team are truly amazing. While we waited for our appetizers, we were served a delicious 'amuse-bouche'. The service was also excellent. We dined outside in the garden, which was very romantic. Every table was booked and everyone else seemed to be locals.

They are very proud (and so they should be) to be currently rated #1 on tripadvisor -- for about 6 months now apparently. We highly recommend dining here. It was a short drive from the Salzburg centre and easy to find with our navigation system.

• Visited April 2012