“One of my worst restaurants experiences..”
Review of Il Sole

Il Sole
Ranked #385 of 661 Restaurants in Salzburg
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I normally use Trip Advisor to check where to stay or eat, this was not the case. We just found the place and decided to enter as we were a group of 4 adults with two small kids that really needed a late lunch. The waiter told us we should order fast as he had to close in 30 minutes. We ordered pizzas and chips really fast and saw how this waiter in a hurry tried to get the orders of another group who entered at the same time. Never came back to take the drinks orders, just passed by our table, you could see he was stressed running from a place to another. He came back in 5 minutes with the pizzas and I asked for drinks for the group and he lost it, he shouted: No, no way! I get pizzas in 5 minutes (don't know how honestly) and expect you can order drinks now! When I replied that in fact I did expected drinks with our food, and that was not a way to respond, he told us in a very rude manner that if we we here not happy we could go, so we did! I tried to tell him how rude he was behaving and he just shouted: Go!!!! This person should NOT have received more customers so near to closing time if this is how he was going to treat them! If fact should not run/work in a customer service related job in my opinion!

4  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stumbled across this restaurant on a cold snowy January evening. The proprietor was very welcoming, even to our small dog. The food was served promptly and hot. The quality was very good. The prosecco was delicious. We drive from England to Greece regularly and its wonderful to find these privately owned restaurants that are prepared to welcome me and my dog. If you want wholesome Italian cooking try Il Sole.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The food was excellent, the atmosphere was quaint and the value was tremendous. Just happened upon this stop for dinner - WIN!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This supposedly Italian restaurant is nothing of the sort - it's utterly fake, serving bought-in, processed, doughy 'pizzas' that should embarrass any decent restaurateur. The ambience is minimal, the service perfunctory and the quality of the food and drink poor. It isn't worth the money. After a couple of outstanding, authentic Austrian meals, my decision to relax and try a simple pizza here was a colossal mistake - made most noticeable by the maître d's refusal or inability to provide a bill; I noticed all tables received the same attention - a verbal quote with nothing written down. My meal was awful, the worst in the city and the restaurant doesn't deserve the custom it gets. Avoid!

1  Thank JonnychazGreenwic
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were a group of 8 friends from seven different countries that went out for a bite before going out dancing. Pizzeria Il Sole had room for us and we really liked the setting. That was until the waiter came up to take our orders. "Give me one minute of your time or you will have to wait for 45 minutes!". After the two first people had placed their order, my Russian friend asked the waiter in Italian if he could order in Italian. Not a strange question one would think, being that it was an Italian restaurant. Instead of answering, the waiter sighed, turned away and left!!! We tried to understand what had just happened. Ten minutes passed. After seeing him take orders from basically every other table in the restaurant, the waiter shouted across the room "Are you ready to order now?". So rude! We had been ready all the time!

The Pizzas were very average. Not anything like real Italian pizzas. It was more like a thick chunk of white bread with topping.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. Bad service should never be OK, especially when the food can't make up for it.

1  Thank SwedishTenor