“austrian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Alter Fuchs

Alter Fuchs
Ranked #22 of 631 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: German, Austrian, European, Central European, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brussels, Belgium
“austrian food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We had lunch in Alter Fuchs serving austrian dishes. Tasty but too much rich of calories for me. The setting is pleasant: a wooden interior similar to country side restaurants

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Decent food at a sensible price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I ate here after a long and hot day of site-seeing. The food was definitely sustaining and well made. The only slight compliant was the waitress forgot to bring my second beer for about 10 minutes.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Poor food and service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went there early evening on recommendation of our hotel. The place is on a thoroughfare with outside tables, a courtyard and a variety of different types of tables in small rooms inside. Looks good, bit like an old inn atmosphere. I had to move as I kept being barged by the staff running through with plates, glasses etc. A lot of the food looked very dry so I opted for a chicken salad. This comprised of a few lettuce leaves, half a tomato, two slices of cucumber and a very unpleasant, watery potato salad with some chicken fried in a crust. The whole thing was tasteless. My wife had a meat dish which was similar. I think the problem is with this place that they are trying to pack dozens of people in at one go and everything is rushed so the food is poor and the service comprises of running with your order and shoving it in front of you as quickly as possible.
I certainly wouldn't recommend this place.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“OOmm pah pah”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great place this quite quirky with the Fox theme we like it a lot the beers good the food traditional and staff friendly it has a rustic apperance inside and out as I say it's an Oooom pah pah !! from me ,,,Enjoy yourself and Visit

• Visited August 2012
Buckinghamshire
“Great Atmosphere but poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We wanted something typically Austrian for our first night in Salzburg and Alter Fuchs was just round the corner from our hotel. It certainly has atmosphere and a warm welcome and quick service to start form the waitress. Alas after that things went downhill my wife's goulash was reasonable although no where near as tasty as we have had elsewhere and the bread dumpling nondescript. My pork cooked in local beer was dry and nondescript with some more stodgy dumplings. Not a patch on the stews we make at home. At the end the friendly service had melted away to chat to the barman and it took some time to attract attention to order dessert (OK) coffee and the bill. I found the the thought of a further week in the area having to eat this kind of food quite depressing but fortunately the quality elsewhere was better.

• Visited June 2013