“Worst meal I had in tour of Austria”
Review of Alter Fuchs

Alter Fuchs
Ranked #22 of 642 Restaurants in Salzburg
Cuisines: Austrian, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Glasgow
“Worst meal I had in tour of Austria”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I chose this restaurant from the recommendations on TA and did not recognise it. I had a poor quality pork dish which was swimming in grease. My wife was also disappointed. Worst meal we had in Austria.

• Visited June 2013

• Turkish first
London
“Nice traditional bar”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We visited here for some beers, really nice staff, nice old style wooden tables, food menu looked good but the kitchen was closed as it was a bit late

Visited June 2013
Doncaster
“good food in friendly atmospere”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good food,especially the potato salad, friendly staff,can eat inside or out, excellent outdoor courtyard to rear, reasonable prices

Visited June 2013
Orem, Utah
“Perfect Start to Salzburg”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I arrived early into Salzburg on a recent trip. The hotel recommended this place to us just around the corner from where we were staying. We were very happy for the recommendation. The restaurant itself is located just insid the new town pedestrian area. You enter at street level and drop down into a lovely dining area with stout wooden tables and chairs. Many Austrian families were present enjoying lunch. We were seated quickly and greeted in English. Local favorites were explained and our meals ordered. My children loved the children's schnitzel with fries. The Gordon bleu and stuffed pancake were also great representations of local fare. It was all delicious, and the price was very reasonable. My children have been asking all day to go back for more schnitzel!

Visited May 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“We ate here two nights in a row!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This restaurant was around the corner from our hotel. The staff are so friendly and amazing. It is not a big space, and they do allow you to reserve a table in advance so I would recommend. Great Austrian food options too if you are in the mood. This is a casual, friendly and nice restaurant. The prices are very reasonable and all sorts of people from locals to tourists. I would highly recommend as a dinner option to anyone visiting Salzburg!

Visited May 2013