“Friendly and spacious hostel in great location.”

Yoho International Youth Hostel
“Friendly and spacious hostel in great location.”
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

A short walk from the train station, and great listed directions made it easy to find. Helpful staff on arrival (English speaking), clean and tidy hostel. €5 key deposit which also gives access to a locker in your room. Simple basin in the room and showers &toilets were a short walk away. Very comfy beds! Very reasonable breakfast of €3. Also, the hostel shows 'the sound of music' every night at 7pm

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lockers in the rooms are very roomy (I could fit my 50 lb suitcase inside), the beds are comfy, duvets are actually clean, and the bathrooms are always available. I stayed in a 8 bed room, and the only downside was that I had to go downstairs and down the hall to the bathroom. (But I'd take a clean bathroom a several feet away over a private dirtier one any day!) The staff were friendly, the decorations very Sound of Music-y, and I could walk to almost anywhere in the city from here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights in a sauna of a room. The staff were unfriendly when even asked for the tiniest bit of help. My card for my locker stopped working ad I had to trek to reception sans makeup in my PJs to rectify it and got questioned and then they later came up to check the locker when they "though I'd left". I certainly wasn't happy that they were opening my locker presumably without my presence.
The bathroom were disgusting. Every morning there was garbage and sanitary pads especially all over the bathroom floors.
Beds were comfy, that's probably the best thing about this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Perth
Reviewed July 29, 2013

we paid about the same price for this hostel as we did for a hotel in prague which was so much better value but it was what our budget would allow (about 65 euro per night for our 6 week trip).. the room was very small, hot - no aircon- but had a small sink and mirror which was useful. the showers were all very clean and large. you needed to rent towels for the shower. breakfast was 3.50 euro and basic. cheap beer at the bar especially at happy hour. good location 10 mins to old town. would recommend for a short stay. it also got really noisy with doors slamming and street noise. the staff were really helpful though, one guy stayed after his shift to help us which was nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 28, 2013

There are a few positives about the Yoho Hostel. It's location is fantastic, and it's very clean and affordable. BUT they don't have or enforce quiet hours, and it's extremely noisy... as in... I probably could have slept better AT the train station.

We had hostelers outside our windows until 3 in the morning talking, people coming and going at all hours, doors slamming everywhere, kids crying. I didn't sleep at all. No AC meant you had to keep your windows open, only enhancing the noise from the courtyard.

I would not recommend this hostel for that reason. There are similarly priced hostels in Salzburg, that would likely draw the line for it's guests on when to be quiet and respect others sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hostel is in a good location between the train station and city centre and the staff were friendly. The dorm room (bunk beds) was clean with a sink as well which was nice. The showers were good as they locked and there was a shelf and hook to put your belongings on while you showered. However, there was only one female toilet on the entire floor and the showers were on a different floor. There was a bar / restaurant downstairs selling dinner and drinks which we were grateful for (but they were slightly overpriced). Free wifi. You have to pay for breakfast which we felt was quite expensive for what was actually on offer. Also, there is a kitchen in the basement which you are not allowed to use until after 11am! No reason was actually given for this and we felt that it was obviously a ploy to make you buy their breakfast which we didn’t like as we would have preferred the option of making our own.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Joao Pessoa, PB
Reviewed July 22, 2013

this hostel has very confortable beds, and a nice commom area
we stayed there just for one day and I would totally go there again if someday I visit Salzburg again

it's a good place to stay if you are in a low budget trip
just keep in mind it is a hostel, not a hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple