“Rude manager”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very average food (eg mushroom risotto largely garlic flavour) albeit at fairly moderate prices (for Salzburg) which keeps it busy. But we were served a glass of Merlot which was almost undrinkable and I sent back. When I came to pay, this was still on the bill and when I asked for this charge to be removed the manager initially refused and was quite rude and insulting. Find somewhere else where they value your custom.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Just finished my meal and thought it worthwhile to back up some comments here.

The food was average, had a pizza with olives and they must have been out of a can - horrible. Coke was flat.

Service was interesting.

Look for another spot.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

This review is a little late, as we dined here in September,
We found Sabroson after trying to agree on a place to eat, after we both agreed and squeezed into this very popular restaurant, we found the service was very rushed but friendly, we enjoyed our food so much that we ate there the 3 nights we were in Salzburg.
Each night we were shown to a table (usually the last empty one), we had to sit at a table that had not been cleaned a couple of times, the two waitresses were run off their feet,
We watched a few people being turned away as there was no more tables available.
All up, if we are ever in Salzburg again we will be back for dinner.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We ended up at this restaurant on a Sunday evening.

The food was ok, nothing special. You get what you pay for so no complains here. The problem was at the beginning when the waiter came to our table. FIrst of all he did not clean it from previous customers. He just handed us the menus, asked what we wanted to drink and waited there by the table, something that normally put pressure on customers who don't know what they want yet. I asked for a coke and he left. Literally 5 seconds after I found they offer some juices as well so I went to the bar where he was and asked him if I could please have a juice instead of my coke. I really thought he was kidding when he very rudely said that he had already entered the coke in the cash machine and he couldn't change it. I would understand that with a lasagne in a oven but not with a not even open coke. I insisted when noticed he was not joking and he finally accepted with a very disrespectful gesture.
My fault, I should have just stood up and left.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Arrived late in Salzburg on a Sunday evening, and so many eateries were already closed. Stopped here and very pleased with the food, service and prices. Spaghetti Bolognese was yummy and so was my husband's lasagna. Good house wine, too.

1  Thank sn00ksmama