“Most amazing meal”

Cuisines: Austrian
Description: Restaurant in the hotel
Description: Restaurant in the hotel
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing meal. The food was exceptional, the service and ambiance really lovely. Excellent wine recommendations too. A fantastic evening. Highly recommended, in another league altogether.

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 rooms at bristol and bring 2 children along with me, one is staying with me, another one staying with their grandparent, the reception asked me if i would required an extra bed , charge extra €85 for it , i said no need they will sleep at the main bed, just charge me for their breakfast, i said.
But the next morning, they still charge me €85 per children event though they didnt give me an extra bed, try to talk to them about it, but they insist on it.
Well , i like the room and their services but charged me €85x2 for an extra occupancy without an extra bed...felt like a scam to me...all their hospitality turn sour for me at the end...for other traveler, i suggest you settle your bill at check in to avoid things like this happen to you

Reviewed June 8, 2018

We arrrived at the Hotel Bristol today and thought we would try the restaurant for lunch. FANTASTIC! We had the Schnitizel, The tomato pasta and some white asparagas and potatoes and it was all great! The service, the food - great! Don't hesitate to eat at this hotel restaurant!

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I just loved this hotel. From start to finish it gets A plus. It has old world charm and all the modern conveniences one could ask for the 21st century.
My room was large and lovely with a great view. The bathroom size was generous, all marble and mirrors.
Though we only ate breakfasts in the hotel, the breakfast buffet was excellent. The coffee is DELICIOUS. The barroom is a perfect area to unwind. The decor was great, with framed New Yorker-type cartoons. There are other lounge areas that branch off and offer privacy and cozyness.
The concierge service is superlative. We needed to book a restaurant for dinner and even though it was a holiday, they found us a table at what turned out to be one of our favorite places, Gasthof Scholss Aigen.
The hotel's location is just a block from the river on the quieter side of Salzburg. The heart of the action in Salzburg is a 5 minute walk. The Mirabell Palace and Gardens are right next door.
We all agreed that Hotel Bristol is a jewel in the wonderful city of Salzburg.

1  Thank gojetFrederick_MD
Reviewed May 14, 2018

Forced to stay here by the ineptitude of a close-by yet much more expensive establishment which I was forced to leave, I shall never stay anywhere else now when in Salzburg other than the delightful Bristol.

Hotel Bristol is everything the traveller could desire, and more. For the five-star accommodation and six-star service, the rates are reasonable. There are city-side rooms with views or, for us light sleepers, courtyard rooms without a view.

During the summer months only, there is very efficient air conditioning. Rooms have bath tubs, mini bar, kettle, flatscreen TV but wooden floors with the occasional rug. Refreshingly, the windows open as well. The breakfast has to be seen and tasted to be believed - one of the highlights of a stay here.

Staff are so accommodating and will do what they can to make guest feel welcome. There is a cigar lounge at one end of the lovely bar with friendly and knowledgeable bar-tender. Unlike other hotels offering a smoking area where you discover that it's only cigarettes which are permitted and cigars are a big no-no. Here, all smokers are welcome.

The only caveat is that the Bristol closes each year for maintenance - in 2019 that will be between 4th Feb and 11th April.

2  Thank Terry B