“Amazing surprise”
Review of Untersberg

Untersberg
Ranked #1 of 196 things to do in Salzburg
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I went on the cable car up this mountain on a cloudy day, not expecting to see much. The cloud was on the mountain and you could not see where the cable car went to. As we ascended and reached the cloud I didn't really know what to expect, but then suddenly we were above the cloud layer and we could see mountains, snow, and clouds everywhere it was really breathtaking.

We walked around at the top but did not go too far as we were not really dressed for a walk around the snowy mountain, especially as the path had no safety rails, which made us feel a bit uncertain. Anyway there were still amazing views, and I would recommend this to everybody.

Ich bin auf dem Berge mit dem Seilbahn gefahren, Es war einen wolkigen Tag, und deswegen habe ich nicht erwartet, dass es viel zu sehen gäbe. Auf dem Seilbahn, waren wir in den Wolken, und ich habe noch nicht gewusst, was wir sehen würden, aber ploetzlich waren wir über den Wolken, und dann konnten wir den Alpen, Schnee und Wolken sehen. Es war atemberaubend.

Wir sind herum gelaufen, aber nicht so weit, weil wir die richtige Kleidungen nicht hatten. Es gab auf jedenfall wunderschoene Aussichten und dies ist sehr empfehlenswert.

1  Thank Nockie12
Write a ReviewReviews (1,676)
All reviews
in 124 reviews
"summit"
in 93 reviews

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Even in late winter with snow at the base and thick clouds this was an amazing trip up this mountain. Literally breathtaking views but be careful at the top since there aren't always guard rails. Make the most of your time and grab a meal while at the top of the mountain.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had a great time--hit it lucky with a bright, sunny day. Gondola was fun, with fantastic views, lots of opportunity for photos.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I rated this attraction a 4 star based only on my experience because it was a dull, grey, overcast day. I have no doubt however that on a clear day this attraction would probably be one of the most magnificent in Salzburg.

The cable car is situated a long way from the city, about 25 minutes. Catch bus 25 from the train station, Mozartplatz or Mirabelplatz straight there (it's the terminal station). The cable cars run every 30 minutes on the hour and at 30 minutes past until 5pm. The cars are fairly old however run smoothly. Each car comes with an operator - all of which were friendly and talkative. It seemed like it would be a waste of time for us to go to the top due to the clouds however, like being on a plane, we came out of the top to see an amazing landscape of mountain tops and cloud layer, not to mention the heavy amounts of snow. Although safe, I would be wary with taking children outside as the edges are only guarded by orange tape.

There is a restaurant/cafe at the top which is reasonably priced however I was served by a rather rude gentleman who had no manners, did not smile and when my food was ready, called me over to get it as it seemed he couldn't be bothered to give it to me. The food was nice, however I was not impressed by the service.

Overall, a 4 star experience due to the bad weather, and an unpleasant waiter at the cafe. I would go again however if I was in Salzburg. We also used the Salzburg card. I would not pay to use this attraction on a bad day however with a card it was enjoyable as I knew I wasn't paying alot!

3  Thank Tom B