“What a disappointment - watch out”

St. Virgil Salzburg
Ranked #80 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Modena
“What a disappointment – watch out”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed three days in august at the St. Virgil Hotel in Salzburg, along with my wife and my son. It is a structure inside a fine park, near the bus stop for the city center. It is a strange building, it seems an ex-school recovered and refurbished as an hotel. After the reception, there is a zone where columns and walls are in cement at sight, in center are positioned some conference room and sideways are positioned some industrial iron staircases to reach the rooms. Ours was well furnished, with modern comforts. Evidently not much used, because we found a midge nest inside the tipical Austrian blanket on the bed. Furthermore, there were several mosquitos squashed against the walls, but there was a new Vape anti-mosquitos, so there wasn’t left alive.
The breakfast was in a saloon that seemed to me an ex-gymnasium, well provided, but the only waiter struggled to serve the some 30 guest in the room. Moreover, worst of all, I had a discussion at my arrival because they asked me an higher price compared to the written offer, a thing like that never happened to me in my life. In our judgement, it is an horrible hotel, badly directed, nothing to do with the excellent Austrian standard that I know well after several years of vacation in Austria. Regarding Salzburg, we think it is a marvellous city, I advice everybody to visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family