“Our Winter stay in Salzburg”
Review of Parkhotel Brunauer

Parkhotel Brunauer
Ranked #53 of 132 Hotels in Salzburg
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights in January when the weather outside was pretty cold, about
- 6C. Decor was a little jaded, not sure if I liked the orange wood-chip wallpaper but the bed was very comfortable and my lights were out even before I was horizontal. Strange thing though and I saw this in another Austrian hotel, the double bed had two single duvets, curious sensation when you wake to find your other half has stolen your duvet and has both wrapped around her. The lack of air conditioning was not a problem but I thought the room was just a little on the chilly side ( possibly because my duvet was swiped)
The hotel is in a cracking location very close to the railway station and bus terminus, so there was no problem getting about on the public transport. Over all, I'd highly recommend this hotel for comfort and convenience, oh yes, the breakfast was pretty decent too.

Room Tip: Room 312 had a pretty good view of the sunrise picking out the Alps through the fog on Saturday morn...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank OllieODublin
Beate P, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear OllieODublin!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your asessment about our hotel.

Your business is very important for us and your assessment shows us, that we are doing it the right way! Thank you!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at +43 662 454265-0 or office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We hope you will come back and see us again at our BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer!

Beate Pfleger
BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is close to the train station but in a very quiet area. It is on the far end of town so you are not close to the sights. I drove here from Munich and they have free parking and was easy to find. I was advised not to drive downtown and the trains to downtown are not very frequent. The hotel check in was quick and very freindly and very helpful. The room was spacious and clean. It has a safe and when you enter the room you have a large closet area or dressing room and then you go into the bedroom and you can close the door to the dressing room and the bedroom. The beds are sooo comfortable as well as the pillows. The bathroom was spotless and the water pressure for the shower is great. The breakfast was delicious with sausage eggs fruit pasteries, coffe, juice and much much more. The eating room is huge and well decorated. they have a spa with a sauna, hot tub, massage rooms and is very nice. The bar is also nice as well as the restaurant. I ate in the restaurant 2 nights. First night was schnitzel and it was just o.k. because it was dry with no sauce. second night i had pumpkin soup (yummy) and chicken. They have a great gym. The grounds are nice to walk around. My room had a balcony which was nice. all of the hotel staff were very nice and helpful. The hotel is very nice and worth the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank World-wander-woman
Beate W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear World-wander-woman!

Thank you, that you have taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel!

Thank you very much for your exceptionally good feedback!
We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me or my colleagues at +43662454265-0 or office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

With kind regards from Salzburg,

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel was clean and comfortable and had everything we expect. It was a short walk by the river to get into the heart of Salzburg which was also excellent, but there were a few negatives about this hotel:

Firstly, the lack of air conditioning. It was mid August and the temperature was above 30 degrees everyday. Our room was so hot. We asked for a fan, but that did little. The metal shutter didn't keep the stifling heat out and our room was left feeling like sauna.
Secondly, it felt old. I guess this is becasue the usual customer in Best Western is the older holiday maker and it was suited towards them. To us (in our mid 20's) it felt old and dated. But comfortable.
Lastly, a lack of WiFi in the rooms was an annoyance.

The service was excellent though and a good breakfast was provided.

My annoyance really is because I can pay half this amount for an alternative hotel, which provides air-con in the room, WiFi in the room and is just as comfortable and clean. So I'm left wondering what I paid the extra for...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Beate W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Mr. amcs1983!

We saw, that you were unsatisfied with some points of your stay at our hotel. Please, let us explain you our reasons:

We don't have an air condition in our hotel because we have the Austrian eco-label! So we are committed to take note of a low energy consumption.
For sure, we have free W-LAN in our rooms for our guests. For health reasons, the W-Lan in the rooms is less adjusted than in our lobby. On request we have also network cables available at our front desk, that our guests can use the internet without any W-LAN up- and downturns. We are working on a solution to this problem for the future!
We know, that every guest has his own vision about the environment and that we can't get it 100% suitable for everyone. Our hotel environment is based on sociability, functionality and actuality.

If I can assist you in any way in the future, please contact me or my colleagues at +43 662 45 42 65 or office@parkhotelbrunauer.at .

We would be very glad to welcome you again at our Best Western Plus Parkhotel Brunauer in Salzburg!

With kind regards

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had stayed at the BW Plus Parkhotel last summer and had a comfortable stay.

The property is not centrally located which is a plus for travellers like me who prefer a quiet location to unwind after a day long sightseeing. However this does not mean that one has to spend lot of time travelling to main sights of the city. The central rail & bus station is within walking distance and takes around 4/5 minutes on foot.

The staff is extremely friendly and they helped us with every little thing we needed. Special mention about the staff in the restaurant who put in special efforts to prepare dinner based on our needs. The hotel also has a very beautiful garden which my little one thoroughly enjoyed.

Only one downside, the room was a bit small sized with an oversized bathroom.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the garden at the rear
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Beate W, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Parkhotel Brunauer, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Abhishek_Saha!

Thank you that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel!

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. Thank you for your compliments about our staff - I forwarded it to our restaurant manager!

We hope you will come vack and see us again!

BEST WESTERN PLUS Parkhotel Brunauer

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Very good location - 7 min walk from station. decent size rooms and good decor. No wifi in room but they provide free internet with cable in the room. small baclcony with the room facing the garden. Over all worth the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mani123456

Dear mani123456!

Your business is very important for us and your excellent assessment shows us, that we are doing it the right way! Thank you!

We hope you will come back and see us again at our BWP Parkhotel Brunauer!

With kind regards from Salzburg,

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had a nice large room with view on the park from 2 balconies .Quiet.Clean. Good beds.Small real shower. Small frigo. Excellent breakfast buffet. Well located for bus/train. Good parking. Nice helpful people at the reception. Good internet. With a wonderful elevator (first one for us after a 3 week on the road !)

Room Tip: Room 205 (3rd floor) had a nicer view on the garden than the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear crazylab!

Thank you so much that you have taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel!

It's a real pleasure for us to read such excellent assessments like yours. And we want to say thank you: THANK YOU!!!

We wish you a happy new year and hope you will come back and see us again!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I happened upon this hotel by chance, with more than a little help by Trip Advisor and was pleasantly surprised! This was by far one of the nicest hotels we stayed at during our 6 country trip to Europe and I highly recommend it to anyone traveling through Salzburg. The spacious rooms, coupled with our own private balcony made it that much nicer after shuffling between different hotels for over a week. Their outside patio was a nice, relaxing place to eat and drink and the free internet service is actually free...and honestly unlimited, vs. just the 10-20 minutes offered as "free wifi" in some of the hotels. The free breakfast buffet has a great variety of food, complete with a special order chef who will make your eggs just the way you like them!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a balcony if you've been traveling and are tired of being cooped up...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holly G

Dear Holly G!

Thank you, that you've taken the time and gave us your assessment about our hotel here at TripAdvisor!

We hope you will come back and see us again and wish you a happy new year!