Ferienwohnung Kasererbraeu
$283
$250
$198
Great 4.5/5
H+ Hotel Salzburg(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$107
Altstadthotel Kasererbraeu(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$150
$140
  • Breakfast included
Austria Classic Hotel Hoelle(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
Very Good 4/5
Mercure Salzburg Central(Salzburg)(Great Value!)
$115
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room and bathroom were dated and smelled musty.
The smell of humid hit you as soon as you entered the building even though they kept the door jarred open.
We were given a room on the ground floor but one side of the house was below ground level so I guess that accounts for the humidity and smell.
The bed was lumpy and damp. Black mold in the shower and on the shower curtain.
A bottle of watered down hand soap was sitting on the bathroom sink but no other toilettries were available. Neither was a hair dryer. They did have nice fluffy towels though.
No phone in the room which I feel could prove vital in an emergency situation.

The breakfast room was lovely but that alone, paired with the fluffy towels, can certainly not make up for the condition of the room. They served a continental breakfast at your table and it was nicely presented. Bread, butter, jam, some cold cuts, apple juice, yogurt, coffee or tea.,

The positive reviews on TA surprise me. The only way I can find an explaination for them is that there may be refurbished and dry rooms on the upper floor so if you really want to risk it, I’d ask for one of those.

We found this Guesthouse to be miserable value for money and we would absolutely not consider staying there again. There are many 3 star hotels available in Salzburg for this price, I’d pick one of them!

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank DreamcatcherItaly
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Beautiful, quaint, quiet, very nice host and hostess--and despite another reviewer's very rude comments, Christian was very nice and professional and went out of his way to introduce us to the area, give us maps and directions, and even share a few activities we were interested in. Our room had a nice, warm shower, beautiful clean towels, a very, very comfortable bed, and access to a balcony which was nice to sit on while deciding where to go. My husband particularly appreciated the tv, which had a variety of different channels in different languages (to include English for those interested). A very short walk from old Salzburg (and after driving for hours, the walk was much appreciated!) Breakfast in the mornings was European style with meats, cheeses, breads, jams, butter, tea or coffee. Parking was across the street (free, by the way). Overall, very enjoyable visit and I'm hopeful we'll be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2010

Very close to downtown Salzburg. Frau Giebisch is a wonderful hostess.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed December 14, 2009

Pension situated in a quiet part of town is almost idyllic. A real vacation.
On the other hand is very close to downtown and all the sights you must see in Salzburg. Husband and I were placed in a double room with bathroom that was clean and neat. We also have breakfast and we were satisfied. The host is always at your service when you need it. I loved his cats. If I ever go back to Salzburg will probably stay there again!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellovelady
Reviewed October 15, 2007

Property very tired, and Christian who was in charge most of the time could acquire more people skills. Breakfast is very regimented. Location is pretty good and not too far to walk to the old city. Elfie (not sure of spelling) is very outgoing and friendly but son Christian too serious and very stern. My husband and I may stay there again because of location (a little rural) but probably wouldn't. Property needs some major maintenance.
James family.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Brigitte23